Anyone Go from 42 to 38?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by theturtle, May 8, 2015.

  1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    #1
    I read the thread about going from 38 to 42 but wanted to know the people who went the opposite direction.

    Haven't been able to go to an Apple Store yet and my 42 hasn't been shipped so I am only able to see the difference through photos and videos and of course the only hands on time I have is with the 38, which arrived first.

    Thoughts? The 38 feels and looks 90% great on my wrists. The other 10%, it might fit SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY small. Im trying to figure out if the 42 would be fit 90% with 10% too big, which I prefer or if it would be 80% with 20% too big, at that point, sticking with the 38 would be a smarter move.
     
  2. r0k macrumors 68040

    r0k

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    Location:
    Detroit
    #2
    I went for the 42 for readability of the display. I noticed a thread saying some people were getting 38mm a LOT faster than my 42 mm SG with BSB is coming (projected delivery May 29 - Jun 11). I'm able to resist... For now.
     
  3. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    #3
    Lucky, my SS BSB is just projected to ship in "June"

    Then again, I ordered on the 23rd.
     
  4. wepiii macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2012
    #4
    You will like the 42. I tried the 38 on and thought, "wow, this is plenty big enough... I wouldn't want it any bigger. And then I tried the 42 on. If it is even a thought in your mind that the 38 may be too small, go 42.
     
  5. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

    ipodlover77

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2009
    #5
    Interested in this question as well. I see a lot of 38 ----> 42 but VERY VERY few 42 --> 38. There are some but def. not as many.
     
  6. PantherHollow macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2015
    #6
    I have a 42 SG in purgatory. My wife has a 38 WSB and I have been trying that on. I like it a lot and kind of like the smaller look (my wrist is not hulkamania huge, so I could go either way) so I just ordered a 38 SS ML today. Figure my 42 SG will be coming hopefully next week and Ill just CL it for about 7 bones if Im lucky and that pretty much pays for the difference in price for the 38 SS ML. IMO, can't really go wrong with any option. I do like the 38 though also because I can now swap some bands w my wife.
     
  7. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2007
    Location:
    Cary, NC
    #7
    Yes, cancelled my 42 and ordered a 38 a couple of weeks ago. This was actually after trying on both at my Apple Store. Both looked great, so I figured I'd save the extra $50. Unfortunately this set back my delivery.
     

Share This Page