anyone go from 5s to 6 back to 5s again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keatth, Jan 7, 2015.

1. keatth macrumors 6502

I'm getting ready to sell my 5s, having gone to the 6, and i took it out the box and man it looks good, holding it is awesome I can actually reach everywhere without shimmying my phone. The 6 feels like a big slab with a really really nice screen, and also the very smooth feeling of swiping from the edge. AHHH.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I sold my 5s and bought a 6+. My wife still has her 5s and every time I pick it up I cannot understand how I dealt with such a tiny screen for so long.

3. ISFPOWER macrumors newbie

i had a iphone 5, bought iphone 6 plus, then got iphone 6, traded back to iphone 5s, and now back to the 6. i thought the 5/5s was made better/feel bertter but after having all of this, the iphone 6 feels right and feels better now.

4. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I've actually been considering this myself - I love the 6 to look at, but I'm just struggling with the size. I'm definitely a one handed user, and can't get used to two handed operation for some things. Doubt I will, considering the fuss I made to get the 6 ;)

5. techspin macrumors 6502a

If you don't have baby/midget hands and if you don't hold your phone in a death grip, the 6 is still a one-handed phone. You could also just keep the 5S as a backup phone.

6. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Beacaue apple told you it was the perfect size

7. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Remember when Apple Fanboys HATED the fact that Apple was coming out with a 4.7+ inch phone, and argued with people that wanted a 4.7+ inch phone?

I still think Apple should come out with a childs version (4") and make it different colors for them to enjoy.
    Nevermind......... They came out with the 5C :) .

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I had a HTC One for about 6 months before I bought my 5s. I loved the screen and the size was pretty much perfect, but the battery life and camera were terrible.

Truth be told, I compromised and came back to iOS for the better camera. Now I don't have to compromise.

9. richard13 macrumors 6502a

I actually went from iPhone 5 > iPhone 6+ > iPhone 6 > iPhone 5. I'm now considering the 6's again but need some time to think it out. The 6+ was fun for about a week but I didn't care for the way it felt in my front pocket so I decided to return and try the 6. Within a day of use I felt like the 6 was a better fit but I also wasn't excited about it like the 6+. So that's going back and I'm on my trusty 5 again.

If you are concerned I say wait at least until the return period is over before selling your 5s. That way if things don't work out you can go back to it.

10. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Im from a 5s to 6.
    I wouldn't consider going back, just the battery alone is a done deal for me.
    Now a single charge last me through one work day and i dont have to plug in to my computer mid-day anymore. I know that driving home with 20% left would still do just fine and be home intime to recharge. With 5s, i would be get panic leaving office or my house with 20% battery left. That thing drain too quick.

11. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

6 to 5S no, though 5 to 4S..... that was a much tougher choice. For me the 4S is still the best iphone ever.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

baby midget hands here. I wish it was the size of the 5s :)

13. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Same. Miss using my 5 sometimes for this reason. 6 is great in many ways, but I definitely prefer the size of the 5.

14. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I have an iPhone 6...hate the form factor (too thin). If Apple offered an iPhone 5s form factor with Apple Pay, I would take that in a heartbeat.

15. bushido Suspended

bushido

At first I thought wow it is too big coming from an iPhone 5 but now I am thinking it could actually be a big bigger lol. Around 5.0 inch maybe. You get used to things so quickly lol the 5 looks like a little toy to me now

16. quackers82 macrumors 6502

This is exactly how i felt when i held my iPhone 5 one last time before selling it. My issue is the technology would not be as good if i went back, i want to use Apple Pay when it comes to the UK. If a 4" option is available on the next refresh with at least iPhone 6 tech in it i will be changing.

17. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I was going to sell my 5s after getting my 6+ last night but cant get myself to do it. I love the design and it makes a great ipod with a great camera. Not worth it to me to sell it for 300 or less when the new ipods are the same price.

Also every place has wifi now so it works as an "internet communicator" lol

18. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I tried both the iphone 6 and 6 huge out. About 2 minutes later, I nearly threw them at the wall. Been on my 5S with iOS 7.1.2 ever since.

19. nordique macrumors 6502a

I just recently did (Monday night in fact)

The 6 was terrific and the battery life & screen estate were amazing, but not for the price it cost me to get the phone.

I decided to sell it while the value is still relatively high and perhaps get this year's model when my contract renewal comes up, if it brings enough new features.

In the meantime, I have no issues using my 5 or 5S. Both run great with ios8 and the one handedness and ease of use is great. The only down side with the smaller size is that its not as easy to type in the text box accurately (smaller keys on keyboard)

But I don't see a notable hit performance wise, at least with what I use a phone for, so it was no real issue on my end from the 6 to 5S. I notice it with the 6 to 5 though, but 5 is still great for my needs.

20. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

Exactly, and now people absolutely love it, hell, they even love the 6+
    Shows off the sheep mentality those fanboys have.:rolleyes:

21. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

You're painting with an awfully broad brush there, mate. Not everyone hated the larger iPhones. But that's typical of the haters, i suppose. Carry on.

22. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

I also feel this, it feels almost claustrophobic and I can't understand how I typed without mistakes...

23. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

No I'm not. I'm talking about the fanboys. Not very broad at all.

24. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

No way, the size of my 6+ is awesome. Took a little getting used to but I'm a fan. My friend has a 5S and it's comical how small the screen is now that I'm used to the 6+

Definitely not going back to my 5!

25. recoil80 macrumors 68000

No way! Now that I'm used to my iPhone 6 when I pick up my wife's iPhone 5S it really feels too small.
    I couldn't use it all day long