Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
There is some kind of sadness in the world.

There is some kind of sadness in the world in some people if they need objects to satisfy what things in life might not be satisfying. I only bought one Apple product in late 2006 (17"MBP) and vowed that would be the ONLY and I stuck with that promise to myself and finally after the release of the 15" rMB did I test it out and then return it, to get a new 2011 OCT 2.5Ghz i7 17" MBP, best investment track record on my part ever.

Then yesterday I was still celebrating my wild birthday with wild musicians and one of which had these extra high with foot rests - bar stools in his studio with fun fir seats lined with brush metal, anyways, both me and a friend had our notebooks on them, mine - 2007 17"MBP hers 15" rMB, we were dancing wildly and knocked both down onto the hardwood floor (lids wide open)!!!!!!

No cause for alarm, we didn't boot em back up till just now and both are in tip top as new condition. We both looked at each other: "Girlfriend OMG we LOVE Apple!"

Kisses. ^_^

So which ever one you choose, please stick with it sheesh. Just one, cos it is a real test of how happy are you really in your life, you know?

jdsingle

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
I have a a late '11 17" and fiddled around on the 15" and just could not do it. I do not do any graphic design so the retina display really did nothing for me. I do a lot of work in DAWs and I am happier with the 17" screen over the better display. If they came out with a newer 17" I would think about upgrading.

wethackrey

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2007
Redondo Beach, California
There is some kind of sadness in the world in some people if they need objects to satisfy what things in life might not be satisfying. [snip] So which ever one you choose, please stick with it sheesh. Just one, cos it is a real test of how happy are you really in your life, you know?
??? Interesting perspective. I'm not sure what relationship it has to this thread... or reality for that matter. I, for one, buy a new laptop every year and it certainly doesn't represent sadness or some secret craving for satisfaction. I use my computer as a tool for work and replacing it every year is cost effective for me. After I sell the old one on eBay my annualized computer cost is about $600. Using the right tool for work does make my day enjoyable, which is worth a half-day's pay every year.

Now if I was forced to use a four-year-old Toshiba running Windows Vista every day, THAT would be some kind of sadness in the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.