Anyone go from a 6 to a Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jigga, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Jigga macrumors 6502

I'm deciding on going bigger this time around. Going from the 5S to a 6 Plus seemed like too much of a size difference but now going from a 6 to a Plus might not.
    I like the larger battery and better optics but am concerned about the larger size.

Has anyone made the change and what is your experience?

2. ant the ninja macrumors regular

ant the ninja

Me! I am absolutely loving the bigger screen so far. Not nearly as much of an adjustment as I thought it would be.

3. Nsimmons03 macrumors newbie

My wife and I both went from the 6 to the 6s Plus. I'm liking the plus but it will definitely take some getting used to. My wife is considering trading it in for the 6s though. She would rather have the one handed use.

Screen is great on the 6s Plus!

4. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

My wife prefers the 6s size wise, but optical image stabilization is only available on the 6s Plus. That sold her. The 6s fits in my pocket better than the 6s Plus but I adapted. I purchased Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pants with zippered 'cargo' pockets.

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Lol, I hope you are not planning to wear those for however long you plan to keep your 6S plus...

6. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

You bought special pants to accommodate your phone? I'm impressed!

Fitting the Plus in my pocket is definitely a concern of mine.

7. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

It's definitely less of an adjustment than I thought it would be but I haven't even had it 24 hours yet... Fits in my jeans pocket no problem, way less of an issue than I thought it would be. Dress pants are a different story but my 6 was an issue then too so it's really no different.

8. Jws macrumors regular

Yep. I went 5s > 6 > 6s Plus. I'm amazed at how much nicer the screen looks to be honest. It feels nicer too, but I know that's just because I don't have my Plus in as case like I did my regular 6. I'm really glad I went with the Plus this time around. The battery life is phenomenal. The only negative thing is that the built in cell phone pockets on my cycling jersey and running shorts will no longer accommodate such a device as this. Worthwhile still, in my opinion.

9. bronzi macrumors member

I've done the same 6 to 6s+. Liking it so far, but will take some adjustment as did the move from 5 to 6.

10. Smithwicks macrumors regular

I went from a 5s to a 6s plus and I'm loving every minute of it. So much that I may sell the iPad Air 2..

11. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I went from a 6 to a 6s+. Only about 12 hours in but very happy with the decision so far.

Extra screen real estate, battery life, and everything else really set it apart. With the more powerful processor and 2GB ram, it's performing like a dream.

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

I went from a 5S to a 6 Plus and now a 6S Plus. When I made the initial move I was a bit concerned and certainly carrying and using the larger size plus phones can sometimes be challenging but overall the pros far outweigh the cons the main one being the larger screen which I prefer when web browsing. I can't use the internet at work for personal use so I have to use my phone and the 5.5" screen certainly makes a big difference.

13. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

When do you find it to be challenging to carry?

14. jack 011 macrumors member

jack 011

I have a 6+ and love the size after a few days no worries at all!

15. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I hate it so much that I am considering selling it on Craigslist today so I can go get the 6s without having to go back through the Verizon exchange process.

16. jqc macrumors regular

Yes, getting used to it very quickly. A bit big for pockets but nothing that's an absolute deal breaker. The OIS on the video is amazing and is what makes it worth keeping but the screen has a blue tinge on left side, will try to exchange. Right now in 98% going to stick to the plus. The 6 seems so small now.

17. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

I love it- I was worried about how well I would adjust to the larger size, but it's been no issue at all for me. Even the extra weight is negligible in most situations.

Performance-wise, it's only slightly better than the 6 I came from. But I suspect most of that is due to iOS 9 being terribly unoptimized for any device. In that sense, it's a far better upgrade for the 6 Plus owners who have dealt with lag for a while now.

18. mkasu macrumors member

mkasu

I switched from an iPhone 5 to a 5" Android phone (bought it to try out "the other side", didn't like it!) to a 6S+. I'm very pleased with the size of 6S+ as I have very big hands. No trouble reaching anything.

19. Mr.C macrumors 601

Well it can be uncomfortable in my pocket when sitting down. Taking it out of my pocket when sitting down especially when on the train can be a pain. I can't bend down to tie my shoe laces without first taking the iPhone out. If I'm standing on the train it's difficult to use as I usually use two hands with my 6 Plus/6S Plus but I need one hand to hold on to the hand rail.

20. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

Now those are scenarios that I can sympathize with! Especially living in NYC.

21. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes I take the Tube ( our subway system ) when commuting to work and often I have to stand as I can't get a seat during rush hour. It makes it more difficult as I'm always carrying my back pack with my MacBook Pro in it.

22. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

But you go one-handed on the train/tube?

23. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

Went from the 6 to the 6s Plus and while I am still getting used to it, I love it so far. My 6 feels like a toy now.

24. Memphian macrumors newbie

Memphian

Went to the plus from a 6 and loving it so far. I'm amazed how fast I can type on this wide keyboard with no errors. This is the fastest iPhone I've ever typed on. The screen is incredible. The one handed thing doesn't bother me be of the many advantages. Don't think I could go back now, the 6 would seem tiny!

25. STC macrumors 6502a

Upgraded my 6 to a 6S Plus. Love the bigger screen!!