Anyone go from Dell XPS M1330 to Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dloreski, May 8, 2009.

1. dloreski macrumors member

Hi everyone.
    I would love to get a new Macbook and try their OS, but this screen thing has me a bit concerned.
    Just curious if anyone has switched from the Dell and how they feel about the screen compared to the Dell. (And which Mac screen they have)
    - Dave

2. Nistilian macrumors newbie

3. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

Yes - I just have. Really happy - the overall build quality is much higher, the sound is excellent, the keyboard is much better than the Dell's. I've got the 2.0 ghz Mac and it feels much faster and more responsive than the M1330. The trackpad is awesome.

As for the screen, I didn't have the LED backlit on the Dell, just the WXGA so the Macbook is a clear winner.

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Say that again :cool:

5. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

Like the first reply said, the screen shouldn't be a deal breaker by any means. I don't like how everybody says the screen is awful. It is honestly not as bad as people make it out to be at all! The screen is very good if the computer is used normally. (ie. in a lap or on a desk while sitting). The screens in the Apple store look bad because they have you leaning over and looking at the books from odd angles that nobody in their right minds would actually use to view their book at home.

That said, I highly recommend that you purchase one. They are fantastic little computers and are quite powerful. With a nice keyboard (one of my favorites to use) and a nice trackpad (very functional) you will be happy with your purchase I think. You'll be an OS X champ in a matter of hours, I'm a newly converted user (1.5 weeks) and I feel like I've been using this OS for years. :)

6. tdgrn macrumors 6502

I was working on one of these at work yesterday, and I can say that I much prefer the MacBook screen over the Dell. Just my opinion.

7. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Build quality is clearly superior on Macbooks. Screens are nice imo.

8. gigadigit macrumors member

I still have my loaded m1330. Side by side, my lcd on the m1330 is much better.
    The mouse movements on OS X is not smooth. Built quality, macbooks are better. Mac OS seems to run faster eventhough my m1330 is 2.4 compared or my macbook 2.0.

9. xkylar macrumors newbie

I didn't come from the M1330 but from the M1530! I'm so glad I made the switch. My 2.0GHz MacBook ran vista with flying colors with bootcamp compared to my xps m1530 already with 4GB or RAM and a 2.4GHz processor. The build quality is better IMO. Although I do miss the resolution of the 1530, the streamlined look and the screen quality of the MacBook makes up for it. Trackpad is the best thing I've ever come across!