Anyone go from the iPad to the Windows Surface Pro 2 Pro, vise versa?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Johnny Steps, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

I know I'm comparing two distinctly different gadgets, a tablet to a laptop, however I've got to say that the Windows tablet interests me. The multitasking and touch pressure screen (for the wacom stylus) are one of the many things that capture my attention.

But I'm sure it has it's flawed qualities that Apple usually does better in such as battery life for example.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with both of these items and would care to share their view on them.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes I have an iPad mini retina and a Surface Pro 2 ..

Both used differently and for just general web surfing I still use the iPad more, but the Surface Pro 2 is very good, under non stressful workload you could easily get 8 hours mixed media consumption, working on more productive work such as Photoshop that will drop to 4-5 hours. Gaming down to 3.....

Personally I think both devices can live together rather than one over the other, but if I was just looking for a tablet for media consumption the iPad would win, the surface pro 2 however is the better choice for productivity and more traditional computing....