iPhone X Anyone going from an X to 8 plus?

Wig321

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2018
I’m tempted to pick up an iPhone 8 Plus red edition 256gb whilst still available from network providers

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
8 Plus is definitely a great phone, but if I were buying today it wouldn't be an iPhone 8 Plus, but whatever works for you then that is what you should get. This is why they have the 7 all the way to the Max. Something for everyone!

Reactions: Cigsm

mzsigler

macrumors regular
May 14, 2015
Memphis, TN
I bought an 8+ for my wife on IUP, then bought myself an X last year. Now I’m giving her my X and trading in the 8+ so we went and and switched so she could go ahead and set up the X. I absolutely hate the 8+ now. It’s too big, it doesn’t fit in my pocket, I miss FaceID and OLED. I hate having to press a button to go home. I hate holding it up to my face to talk because it’s so wide it makes my hand hurt. The iPhone 8+ is objectively a good phone and I’m sure some people like all of the things I hate about it, but there’s no going back for me. I can’t wait for my 5.8” XS to get here Friday.

Reactions: Cigsm

EugW

macrumors G3
Jun 18, 2017
It’s not really a downgrade. Still has the same internals with different biometric methods and a screen that some people can’t tell the difference between.
Yeah for daytime usage, they are similar, but the 8+ screen is actually better in some ways, albeit with less screen real estate.

For usage in a dark room though, most people should easily be able to tell them apart, esp. with movie clips with a lot of dark scenes. The thing is, many people don't use their phones that much in the dark this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.