Anyone going naked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric5964, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

I prefer seeing and handling the I4 without a case or anything. Ruins the aesthetics by bulking it up. I did have an Invisible Shield put on the front and back at Best Buy, but I think that might do it for me. Placing in a leather horizontal belt case. Loving it so far, no issues here!

Eric E

2. JamesHP macrumors regular

With the glass on both sides of the phone I'm now even more paranoid about dropping it than I was my 3GS. I'll keep it without a case until the one I've ordered arrives.

3. eTip macrumors 6502

Naked, all the way, all the time! But as for my iPhone it will always be in it's case.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Naked w/ squaretrade insurance, if i'm keeping mine

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

only around the house! Oh you mean the phone!

6. CaptainHighTop macrumors newbie

I hate the idea of having to get a case. I think the case changes everything. It's just not the same once you put it in a case.

But... I dropped my 3G a few times. And I reached a point where I was not being as careful with my 3G and it ended up with some scratches on the back. And the iP4 feels so much more fragile than the 3G.

So I guess I'll get an ugly case for it...

7. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I have the black bumper and just put a front and back Zagg on it. Honestly, the Zagg looks kinda..... funky.

8. Funnone macrumors regular

9. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I got yelled at by my wife last time I left the house naked :(

10. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I'm going with a black bumper. Just ordered it. I like the feel of the glass, but it is just too slick, and it makes me nervous. I dropped my 2g twice and it was naked (scuffed up the aluminum back and camera area). I dropped my 3GS twice but got lucky and it landed with the iSkin Solo side down.
    A bumper will provide some grip and a little protection, while still giving that naked feel. I like that. Don't like the price, it seems like highway robbery, but oh well.

11. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I began to use my iPhone that way, but it reduced, then cut off the signal.

Now it has a bumper. That improved reception and made it somewhat usable, although call quality suffers with static, and signal strength is still dodgy.

12. telarmago macrumors member

13. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Naked so far, but I should have a pink bumper next week. I have Zagg front/back coming in and I'm usually pretty good about installs, but I may end up just putting the Zagg on the back and leaving the front clean.

I've tried Zagg and I know it looks better after a couple of days compared to initial install, but not thrilled with having to leave my phone alone for 24 hours to dry (so not doing that, hah).

14. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

15. zerostar macrumors regular

Naked all the way, the screen shields always feel plasticish to me, the glass is so much smoother, never scratched my screen, don't plan to now.

As the OP I use a horizontal leather belt case every day.

16. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I typically always go naked, my last phone went entirely naked, minor scratches on the front, but horribly scratched up plastic on the back, and a minor crack. But considering how much I dropped it I was impressed by its durability. I don't like invisible shield films over my screen and stuff so I never used those either. This time around though, I really want to get the Orange bumper, it uses much less space than a typical case, yet it protects your phone from all angles (Unless you drop it on a rock or something). Plus I think orange on black will look very slick. I also like how the sides of the bumpers are plastic so that it slides in and out of your pocket easily, yet still protects the phone with the rubber.

17. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Naked at the moment. Incipio Feather arriving at some point. It really feels rather nice naked. Smoov.

18. aviddk macrumors regular

Buck naked, watch out for the incredible slipperiness

Naked for me, but be careful about how slippery the back is. Twice I found my phone on the floor without explanation. I have a habit of setting my phone on top of my wallet when I get home. After having it fall twice the next time I decided to stand and watch what was going on. The phone appeared absolutely static for 10 seconds then started sliding. Needless to say my phone is always laid flat now.

19. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Haha yeah, mine has slipped into the crevices of my couch on multiple occasions almost instantly. Usually friction would keep my old phone from going all the way down to the bottom.

20. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

Can't go naked. I've dropped my 3G so many times, it's not funny. Plus, it wouldn't be a pretty sight me bending over.

21. Love Juice macrumors regular