iPhone 11 Anyone going to an 11 from an 8+?

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Curious to know who’s making the jump from the 8+ to one of the 11s and if you’ve made the jump what are your thoughts on your new phone

Pixillated

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2019
Virginia
Just my opinion. I had an iPhone 8+ in red. I changed to the regular iPhone 11.
I got the yellow, as yellow is my favorite color. This yellow is a pale yellow, I think it is very pretty. The 8+ was wide for me as a female with small hands. This phone is narrower and weighs a little bit less; it feels better in my hand. Even though the differences in size are not that significant, it definitely feels better, not as burdensome. I hold my phone with one hand.

Cell phone reception on LTE is no better. I live in a rural area.

The screen and display colors do not appear better.

I have used the camera and it is a step up. A really nice camera with great features.

My thoughts: If you like your 8+, including the size, maybe hold out for a good deal on the iPhone pro max. Or wait until next year.

If the 8+ is a little large for you, try the iPhone pro (not max) or the iPhone 11, I do like the slightly smaller phone much better.

Getting used to no home button was surprisingly easy. It actually feels more intuitive without the home button, that surprised me, as I thought I would miss the home button a lot.

So, all in all, a nice phone. Pretty colors. Better size for me. Super nice camera. A good price. Good reviews. The screen and display - not a wow. Battery life, definitely better, definitely. Sound quality is infinitely better!!!

After the weekend with the phone, I am really liking it and the yellow color. I do not miss my 8+ at all. This size is so much better for me. And after seeing the yellow in different levels of brightness, it is a really pretty color. Not in your face, which I like. :)

Last edited:

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Just my opinion. I had an iPhone 8+ in red. I changed to the regular iPhone 11.
I got the yellow, as yellow is my favorite color. This yellow has a greenish tinge, which is fine for me; but, it really does look like pee. The 8+ was wide for me as a female with small hands. This phone is narrower and weighs a little bit less; it feels better in my hand. Even though the differences in size are not that significant, it definitely feels better, not as burdensome. The 8+ hurt slightly, as if my hands had been stretched out for too long a period of time after extensive time holding the phone. This phone does not feel that way. I hold my phone with one hand.

Cell phone reception on LTE is no better.

The screen and colors do not appear better.

I have not used the camera enough to comment.

Just my first impressions.
Maybe, I should have tried the regular pro iPhone?

It is fine. The size is better for me. Otherwise, does not feel like a step up

I like it, I would not say that I love it.
thanks for your opinion on this

janeauburn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
Apple needs to bring back smaller phones for people who actually have to do things like go to work where having a phone is not the main thing in life but actually a tool that you pull out once in a while and then forget it it’s in your pocket.

You know?

Reactions: Pixillated