Anyone going to Apple Store grand opening in Dedham, MA?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by savoirfaire, Aug 25, 2009.

1. savoirfaire macrumors 6502

savoirfaire

Debating whether I think it would be worth it to stand in line for a t-shirt...

2. celticpride678

I'm not planning on it and I live close. Does not seem worth it.

3. savoirfaire thread starter macrumors 6502

savoirfaire

I've only been by one other grand opening, and the line was huge so I didn't stick around. My brothers went to the grand opening in Woodfield Mall and all they got was a lame mousepad. I was thinking, though, that there can't be that many people in Dedham who would stand in line, though, right???

4. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

When the Scottsdale store opened in June, I showed up 10 minutes before opening, and I was probably #500 or so of the 1000 shirts they had. The line may be big, but they have a lot of shirts if that's what you're after.

5. savoirfaire thread starter macrumors 6502

savoirfaire

Eh, I just thought it might be fun to experience a grand opening. Doesn't sound worth it, in the end.

6. eileenlee macrumors newbie

Nicest People Will Be in the Line

It is a bit of a hike for me to go to Dedham, but I am tempted to go. I have never been to the big Mac Exposition in California but I must say that waiting in line for the Burlington opening has got to be a sample of this event. It sure was a lot of fun for anyone who likes being with a mob of Mac addicts of all ages, economic backgrounds, professions. There were quite a few graphic artists. A great place to ask questions. When you finally get in, it is a mac frenzy. The staff are flown in from as far away as Chicago and LA to help with the event. They are very exuberant. I loved the T-shirt too.

7. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

I went and i got there right when they opened there were probably about 200 people in line when i got there but it was raining so that may have deterred people. I was happy i went i got 2 black t shirts that say legacy place with an apple logo in front of it

8. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

What's a good source to learn about future grand openings? My son would love it, but I'd need to plan the travel.

Thanks

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/db/

10. Theclamshell macrumors 68030