Anyone going to see "Beerfest?"

Miguey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
So Cal 909
i loved super troopers, club dread, and puddle cruiser so im definitely going to see this movie...Broken Lizards are so hilarious

anyone else going to see this movie?

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Well super troopers was real good , Club Dread was awful so maybe to see Beerfest... actually I am going to wait for the DVD to get outtakes and commentary...

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
iMatt mini said:
Not a chance. Looks like they're trying to imitate Old School and Animal House, and failing miserably at it.
I thought the same thing. Id rather stick to Old School and Animal House than a poor imitation.

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
Beerfest plot outline: Two brothers travel to Germany for Oktoberfest, only to stumble upon secret, centuries-old competition described as a "Fight Club" with beer games. imdb.com

How is that like Animal House and Old School (which are both about college and frat houses) except that it involves drinking?

If anything its like Jean-Claude Van Damme's Bloodsport with beer instead of fighting to the death.

and yes I'm going to a screening of it tomorrow.

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Tanglewood said:
If anything its like Jean-Claude Van Damme's Bloodsport with beer instead of fighting to the death.
You should seriously be paid for that tagline. It's awesome :p

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Miguey said:
i loved super troopers, club dread, and puddle cruiser so im definitely going to see this movie...Broken Lizards are so hilarious

anyone else going to see this movie?
i love super troopers (can quote about 75% of it), love beer pong (formerly called beirut), and i dont think club dread sucked. i also liked dukes of hazzard.

i will definitely see this movie, i'm just trying to figure out who to drag with me. nobody i know wants to see it.

seabass069

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
MTV played a 5 minute clip of the movie and was hilarious. I loved Animal House, which yes I saw in the early eighties. I will definitley go and see Beerfest.

Miguey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
So Cal 909
i just saw it today, oh my God i never laughed so hard this year...this is by far one of my favourite movies of the year...

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK
I saw the trailer on TV today and it looked eye-searingly bad!

nightdweller25 pass the fork when you've finished!