Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jarson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Glasgow
I"m considering to upgrade my 2011 low-end 21.5 iMac for the new 27 one. How does it compare with each other? I'd appraciate larger screen, anti-glare and better specs. Anyone choosing the same option? I know some of you will recommend me to add some extras but I want to make it cheap and have a larger screen. Anyone?

Oh, and what does it mean BTO iMac? :confused:

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
if you are satisfied with your 2011 imacs performance the low end 27 will be just fine aswell! if u can spare another 79$ get 16gb crucial ram and put it in and you'll be good to go

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
I"m considering to upgrade my 2011 low-end 21.5 iMac for the new 27 one. How does it compare with each other? I'd appraciate larger screen, anti-glare and better specs. Anyone choosing the same option? I know some of you will recommend me to add some extras but I want to make it cheap and have a larger screen. Anyone?

Oh, and what does it mean BTO iMac? :confused:

BTO = Build-to-order = customised iMac.

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
the BTO is Built To Order I guess, as opposed to the standard base configuration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.