Anyone gone back to Snow Leopard until we get a stable Lion release?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tunster, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Tunster, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011

Tunster macrumors 6502

I thought being a technologist and proactive adopter of new technology, Lion would be a great addition to my ever expanding Apple hardware. Both my kit are latest generation Thunderbolt gear (both iMac and Macbook Pro).

I gave Lion a try on my iMac (as i bought it within the free window). At first, the GUI enhancements were a huge plus! Loved the full screen modes, new iCal/iMail etc. However, real life usage was a pain. Plenty of crashes, networking was tetchy (more so on the wi-fi), some of my useful tools crashed too often. I still persisted and bought Lion for my MacBook Pro. Bearing in mind, mine was the i5 with 4GB RAM. I just felt Lion still wasn't optimised enough and just didn't have the swift reaction you had floating around 10.6.8.

What have I done? Gone back to 10.6.8 on both of my devices. I'm quite happy to wait for 10.7.3 or 10.7.4 as iCloud is not at the top of my importance list (until I start to think that is may enhance my iPhone experience).

I'm not complaining that Lion is crap. I just don't think I'm ready to embrace it and accept it. Has anyone else done that same?

2. WSR macrumors regular

Right now my list of problems with Lion is:
    #1 The downgrading of Spaces and Expose. I find Mission Control to be less powerful.
    #2 Lion's Full-Screen mode makes multiple monitors nearly useless. Snow Leopard's Full-Screen mode is better.
    #3 The loss of the "Save As..." option.
    #4 The loss of "Do you want to Save?"

Basically, I think Apple made some philosophical changes that aren't good for me. Thus, I think Snow Leopard is the better OS.