Anyone gone from bad to worse with replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Domino8282, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Alright, so unfortunately I'm having multiple dropped calls at home, something I've never had issues with using my 3G or 3GS.

I'm thinking about getting a replacement, but I'm worried that I might go from one problem to multiple.

Has anyone gotten a replacement that was worse than what they started with?

Also, has anyone gotten a replacement that wasn't in mint cosmetic condition?

Do they let you inspect/try the replacement in the store before you have to commit to it?

Made a Genius Bar appt... Hope I'm not just digging myself deeper.

2. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I went in for a couple problems, one was reception (although it wasn't the main reason, I figured all the phones would have it so why bother) the proximity sensor, my phones temp warning coming up to easily, and perfect browser asking me if I wanted to call what I typed into the address bar. I got a replacement phone that looks brand new. I still have the prox sensor issue, but my antenna issue seems to have gotton a lot better. When holdin the phone bridging the gap, I only lose 1 bar as opposed to going all the way down to one bar. Don't know what that means, but I'm happy with it, didn't really bother me since I use a case, but it's nice to know. I don't like having something wrong with my phone, even if I can work around it. Your lilacs may very, but I think it would be ok.