Anyone good at finding something online based on a photo?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c073186, Oct 3, 2015.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

So this is a bit of a random question but... I've recently moved into an apartment and the bathroom has a towel bar, but no hand towel bar. I've been searching online for the set, to see if a hand towel bar is available, but can't figure out the brand, etc. I asked the management but they don't know the brand name. Anyway, just wondering if anyone here is good at searching things online and finding something that matches this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

Did you take one off the wall and look at the back plate for identifying marks?

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. 2457244 macrumors regular

Often, when you take them off the wall there is a model or some type/brand mark on the back side of those things.

If not, take them to some sort of Home Depot where only plumbers/business can buy stuff.. Chance are those people know what type or brand it is by only looking at those things.

5. chown33 macrumors 604

If all else fails, you could replace them completely.

The towel bar probably has plates mounted to the wall using screw anchors, and the rack's brackets then mount to the plates. Buy a new towel rack, remove the old plates, and mount the new ones. Ditto for the other fixtures.

Depending on your lease agreement, you may have to leave fixtures behind when you leave, or replace them with the originals. So don't toss the old stuff, just park it in a corner of a closet.