Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I am thinking of selling an CP/M card (I'm not sure which one), I know I won't get much, but I"m not gegttop. The only thing I can tell you is that it boots with the disk I have that has CP/M BOOT writing on it, but I know next to nothing about CP/M. I was able to format a disk.

Questions: Can I use any CP/M software out there, I have no idea the brand on the card. When I formatted the disk it said Copyright Microsoft, so that mean it's a Microsoft card or a clone?

Thanks for any help! :)

=Hugh

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
David,

Thanks, for the reply, yeah I have the entire site downloaded so I have all the CP/M disks on there. Making them on to real Disks isn't a issue... Well ProDOS, DOS 3.3, and Pascal aren't, I would assume (I know the saying.. LOL) my method would work with CP/M disks too. '

So in theory any of those CP/M disks on there should work with the card then?

Thanks! :)

=Hugh

David Schmidt

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2006
Southeastern USA
The software? In theory, yes. The operating system disks themselves? No. There were a few different CP/M cards, and sometimes they needed their own boot disks. So if you see a boot disk with something other than the name of the card you have, it likely won't work. If it's completely generic, it probably will.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Here is the a pic of the card:

CP_M_Card.jpg

So I have no idea what the brand of the card is. SPAOE I am assuming is the brand?

=Hugh

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Yeah, I didn't think it was worth anything other then a Generic CP/M card.

So, as long as it says for the Microsoft card the system software is what I want, and in theory I can use the other disks on it as well?

Thanks! :)

=Hugh

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
IMHO - CPM also requires an '80 column card' in an Apple II. The IIe has it's own unique 80 Column card, but for the earlier Apple II, it's a full size card with video flying leads to switch modes.

Ahh - the days of WordStar and DBaseII come floating back. :)

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Well he is a dumb question. Is there a market for these cards at all? (I'm not trying to sell it in here) just asking..

=Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.