Anyone good with Numbers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theimp, Nov 6, 2007.

1. theimp macrumors member

I just got iWork and am a little frustrated, I didn't realize there were no macros in Numbers. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas, what I am trying to make is a very simple money/check book balancing thing. I wanted the first sheet to have somewhere that says available balance, and somewhere I can input any charges/deposits I make. Then I wanted to click a macro button and have it appended to my second sheet where there is a full register. That is basically all I wanted, the other sheet I wanted would just have a graph of trends in spending which I am sure I can still do.

Basically, can anyone think of another way to do what I need without macros?

(Also, in excel pressing a certain key, cant remember what exactly, and the down arrow would highlight the contents of an entire column from that point down, any way to do that in Numbers?)

Thanks!

anybody?

2. liquid stereo macrumors regular

Numbers is incredibly slow

I am about to give up on Numbers. Its really, really, really slow. On a MacBook Pro (2x2.16GHz and 2GB) and on a PowerMac G5 (2x2GHz w/ 6GB), both running 10.5, Excel is much faster.

3. tveric macrumors 6502

I'm glad I saw your post. I just installed Numbers today and I am incredibly disappointed. It's not just slow, it's hanging for minutes at a time (sometimes) to accomplish tasks that Excel for the Mac does in seconds.

I'm running both programs on a PowerMac Dual G5 2.5, if anyone cares.