Anyone good with online clothing shopping!!???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tkepongo, Jan 27, 2008.

1. tkepongo macrumors regular

tkepongo

You guys know any good clothing websites?

I'm trying to find a Black/Dark Grey Wool Pea Coat for my brother's birthday. We live far from each other so I'm trying to find it online somewhere. He's 5' 6'' approx. 155 pounds so....a size xs/small?

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Are you trying to find an authentic U.S. Navy issue pea coat or just a copy from a clothing store? I've just recently started collecting U.S. Navy issue pea coats so I'm not quite an expert on them yet, but I'm getting there. I only have two in my collection so far but am working on getting more.
    Anyway, if you want to go genuine you'll want a recent one, as they are the only ones that are black. The older vintage ones are navy blue. You can find them on Ebay or at your local Army/Navy store. If you don't care whether it is genuine or not then a lot of clothing companies make replica pea coats. It's difficult to find 100% wool coats, though, outside of the Navy issue ones. Most replicas are a wool/nylon blend. One merchant even tried to tell me that you can't get 100% wool anymore (I called him on that one real quick...). What is your price range? You probably won't find a decent one for under $100. Write back with more info on what you're looking for and I'll try to point you in the right direction.
    Oh, and pea coat sizes (at least the genuine ones) are the same as suit coat sizes. So an x-small would be a 34.
    EDIT: Actually based on your brother's height and weight I would recommend a 36 or a 38. I only know that because he's the same height and approximately the same weight as I am.

3. alissah macrumors newbie

hey tkepongo!

I think you should try American Eagle Outfitters for online clothing shopping.
    2 days ago i found Discount Coupons for AE and i purchased so many nice clothes at very less price.

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

I'd give land's end a shot. they have pretty good sizing stuff. I don't know if they have the jacket you are looking for, but their quality is usually pretty good and they have an easy return process if it doesn't fit.

5. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

Go to your mall, look around, see what looks good. JCrew has NICE peacoats but they will cost you a penny. 200 or so. get the item number or name

then go and look online, even ebay. search for that exact coat and bingo. you have seen it held it and now got it for way less of a price.

6. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I use retailmenot to buy pizza online from Dominos. :cool:

It's like $4.95 Aussie dollars, biatch!