Anyone good with the beta 2.0 firmware?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by familyguy444, May 18, 2008.

1. familyguy444 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I'm using the Beta 4 firmware right now, for the WPA Enterprise support. I need to use a digital certificate (root certificate). How do I:

1. Put the root.ca on my iphone
    2. Set up WPA enterprise using 802.1X, the certificate, and authentication through PEAP and MSCHAPv2

ANY help or advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

2. JPyre macrumors 6502

The dev cert needs to be on your keychain, and can only be on one machine...

Im not sure about enterprise support, they never approved me, but the only thing that wouldn't be in place would be remote wipe, i think....

3. familyguy444 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not talking about a dev cert for activating the iphone, I'm talking about a root certificate for WPA Enterprise, a certificate that tells the WPA server that I'm authorized to connect.

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Certificates are installed in 2 possible different ways:

1) Email the certificate as an attachment to an email account that your iPhone has access to, open up the email and simply click on the cert and it will prompt to install

2) Place the certificate on a website and navigate to it using Safari, again the iPhone will prompt to install it

Some wireless networks prompt to install a certificate upon connection, so that may be the case for you. If not, you'll need to pre-install the certificate as described above.

To connect to the WPA Enterprise network, simply setup as you would a normal wireless connection on the iPhone. It should be smart enough to find and use the certificate that you have installed.

5. zmit macrumors regular

can i just interrupt and ask what you guys think of beta 5?
    is it relatively stable?
    im tempted to give it a shot just for the PEAP support...

6. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

How can you people be on BETA 4 and not BETA 5?

7. familyguy444 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much. It just prompted me to install the certificate. Works flawlessly.

8. zmit macrumors regular

because beta 5 hasnt been unlocked!