Anyone got a free bumper from apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lawrencelaptop, Jun 26, 2010.

1. lawrencelaptop macrumors member

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone bar the lucky few got a free bumper as compensation when ringing up Apple? This signal issue is p***ing me off, and I can't bring myself to either return the phone (the damn things too good besides the network issue!) or fork out £25 for a bumper.
    Sounds to me like Apple should be obligated to hand these things out like complimentary mints after a dinner at a restaurant- to clean up that smelly problem after you've paid for a nice gourmet three-course.
    So, out of hours for me currently but anyone else got one?

2. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

i called and tried to nicely ask but at this point they said they're still working on what to do. though i did hear of a guy here on the forum who complained (i think just because of the launch day headache) enough they gave him 100$ and another 2 bumpers and a dock... frankly i couldn't complain the that point... dignity. so maybe if you want it bad enough you'll cry on the phone and they'll cave in.

3. lawrencelaptop thread starter macrumors member

damn, i was really nice, i just cant bring myself to yell at them! i already feel sorry for the fact that steve jobs and his management team tell them absolutely nothing and leave them vulnerable to the multitude of callers who just want to vent about their phones
    meh, I'll wait and see if the 'official' guidelines for the customer reps say to send out free bumpers and go from there

4. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

yea i couldn't get upset with the people that just got me my iphone 4! i just said something like, so i can't really use my phone as i would any other phone or like i used my previous iphone!? can you send out cases as some courtesy or something? "no, we're looking into it though. maybe we will be doing that" that said, they do need to do SOMETHING. i'm sure they'll take care of us somehow because "hold it differently" isn't a solution.