Anyone got a really worn in Watch? Scratches, nicks etc?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Knightcastle, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

I haven't babied mine in the slightest and it's near enough immaculate.

I'm one of those who believe that screen protectors etc look worse than scratches.

I'd even go so far as to say a roughed up, scratched watch with a nice worn in look will look good, so long as it's still all functional.

Has anyone got this look going on and care to upload a photo? Anyone else with me on this?

2. mhoepfin macrumors regular

I agree with you. I'd like a nice patina on my watch.

3. Costino1 macrumors 6502a

Costino1

Nope. Had my 42 SG sport for a month now and its pristine. No dings or hairline scratches on the Ion Glass.

Still looks like it came out of the box. That includes banging it twice against my wooden desk too on accident.

4. jimkraz macrumors newbie

Two months now, not a scratch or a ding, and I wear it naked, no protection on it whatsoever, it will happen one day, that's life, last year I was trading in my car, it was in perfect condition in and out, another driver left a ding on it the weekend before trade, that's life.

5. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Mine's still too new but I will wear it naked and let all the inevitable scratches add up. I too like the look. I get sad when I see people on here polishing their watches weekly. I doubt anyone has a patina since the watch has only been out for a few months.

BTW I'm assuming this is only about the SS. Banged up aluminum doesn't achieve the same effect.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I'll just throw in my $0.02 and say that with many of the apple watch screen protectors. You can't even tell they are on the device. So I'd have to disagree that they look worse.

7. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Exactly. I have my BSE installed and can barely tell it's on the screen.

8. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

AC+ is letting me not give a hoot about "damaging" my SS 42.

Using the watch as intended and I have bumped it on some metal surfaces. One minuscule nick on the upper left corner about a 1/2mm below the screen is all the damage I have so far after a few weeks.

9. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

The clasp on my link bracelet is lightly scratched from resting it on my MacBook. Like Steve Jobs, I think stainless steel looks beautiful when it wears. I think people shouldn't stress over scratches on their watches or phones—the reaction to the slate coloring on the iPhone 5 wearing off was embarrassingly hyperbolic. A scratched-up watch is like a worn guitar. It tells a story. It shows use and history.

Attached Files: