Anyone got an MCE Complement (2TB, blu ray, hub)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by spiritlevel, Dec 3, 2014.

1. spiritlevel macrumors 6502

Just wondered if anyone has bought an MCE Complement which is a combination of blu ray/DVD/CD Player/recorder, a 2TB drive, a 2xUSB3 + 1xUSB charging port hub and an SD card reader.

http://www.mcetech.com/complement/

I was going to buy an Apple Superdrive, a 2TB drive for time machine, a USB hub and an SD card reader when I came across this which does everything I want + the additional blu ray functionality which is a bonus.

Its not cheap but I like the fact that I seem to be able to get all these things in one unit which takes up only 1 USB port on my new iMac.

Would be interested to hear from any current owners before I take the plunge.

thanks

2. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

299 doesn't seem bad. I like that u can easily swap drives for time machine.

Is the toast worth it for 80?

3. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

4. spiritlevel thread starter macrumors 6502

Its been a while since I used Toast...

It really depends on what you need to burn. If you want to burn blu ray disks you will need toast and the blu ray plugin. Toast also allows you to burn various other formats that the basic mac Disk Copy burning doesn't.

If you just want to burn basic data Cds and DVDs you don't really need Toast