Anyone got duplicated apps in launchpad?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by joshmacbosh, Jul 23, 2011.

1. joshmacbosh macrumors member

joshmacbosh

I have two of all iWork '08 apps, two of all the apps in the utilities folder and various other things. When i search for them in the finder there's only one of anything i have duplicates for in launchpad :confused:

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Yes, I have seen dups of a few apps, and I've noticed icons I haven't seen in quite some time or even at all...It appears that Launchpad opens folders to find icons that were otherwise hidden in folders...

3. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

but these ones can't possibly be hidden away cause they're no where to be seen in the finder.

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Strange - I have 5 icons for one program I have installed. Uhh...

5. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

I did have some icons that i KNOW i deleted ages ago but i was able to simply drag those to the trash and they were gone. I did that with quite a lot but i've been left with some that won't disappear when i do that.

6. tfalves macrumors newbie

Here's what happened to me:

When I installed Lion I noticed duplicated apps too, then I realised, whatever I had inside a folder in the applications folder was now duplicated in the root folder (apps folder). This seemed to be a problem in Launchpad, which listed the app two times.

7. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

This is very true. I don't want to have to take all the apps in folders out, especially the utilities folder just to clean up the launchpad >_>

8. tfalves macrumors newbie

My guess is that the applications "missing" from the apps folder (which were inside another folder) were installed again. I guess that the Lion installer was unable to locate the apps because they are somewhere else, so it assumed that they were missing.

All you have to do is copy the apps again to the folders where they belong, just remember to copy from the applications folder to the other folder, and not otherwise, because that way you could be replacing the Lion apps with SL apps (I think, never got to test it because I replaced them without launching those apps).

9. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

This is how it looks for me. I have a utilities folder and then all the utilities out of a folder.

[​IMG]

10. tfalves macrumors newbie

Now that's weird. My utilities were nicely tucked inside a Utilities folder, not repeating themselves outside that folder... My wife has it the same way I do and she didn't even touched Launchpad at all.

11. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh