Anyone got Hotmail exchange setup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kcgunner, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kcgunner macrumors member

I realize that Microsoft has not officially released activesync support for their hotmail accounts yet. However many people have posted the settings to set it up and they claim to be working for them. Has anyone on here got hotmail to sync with their iphone? I've tried the posted settings of :

Email: yourmail@live.com or yourmail@hotmail.com
    Server Address: m.hotmail.com
    SSL: Enabled
    Username: yourmail@live.com
    Password: password
    Domain: (Leave it Blank)

I have tried adding the domain of m.hotmail.com as some have suggested and it will not work. I have a hotmail account if that helps. Thanks.

2. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I have not - but I'm very much looking forward to this. If I understand it correctly, we will now be able to keep hotmail emails in sync across multiple devices - like gmail. No?

3. mantan macrumors 68000

I got tired of waiting long ago and sprung for the mbox mail app last year. Great interface and push notification....pretty much all I needed.

4. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I've got mbox- and really like it too - it is a great app. My main issue is that I still have to delete things from my Mac Mini Mail app.

5. jtgreen86 macrumors member

I just got it to work in iOS 4 by doing a regular mail setup. All I did was tap "other" under "Add Account..." and put in my Name, @hotmail.com address, and password then hit next. It verified the account and it's in my mail app with everything from my current inbox so it must be active.

The incoming mail server host name gets set to pop3.live.com with the User Name being your email address. Outgoing is smtp.live.com

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

$8.95 a month for a hosted Exchange account. Of course, as an Exchange admin I would have no less. In fact, debated an Exchange server @ home...but decided I no longer want racks of servers in a closet @ home. Deal w/ enough of it @ work.

This means it just set it up as a POP3 account. Not the same thing. Doesn't look like ActiveSync is working yet.

7. jtgreen86 macrumors member

Touche... I suck at reading:eek:

With the POP it doesn't add the extra folders either so that blows... oh well