Anyone got Leopard on a powerbook G4?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Hudzilla, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Ive ordered mine (slow on the take up, i know), and ive got a powerbook G4, im just wanting to know if anyone else has it on a powerbook G4 and hows the performance on it?

Thanks

2. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

I've got a powerbook G4, 1,25ghz with 1.5 GB of RAM

and i can't say it flies but at no measure it's slow... it's a usable system, but the G4 shows it's age....

in my opinion the whole G-series are kinda behind on intel quite a bit.... but with enough RAM you can have a good system

provided you're not into anything demanding (like aperture or other big memory/cpu stuff)

hope it works out for you

3. admiraldennis macrumors regular

That's not an opinion, it's simply fact. G4s are absolutely dinosauric compared to the recent intel chips.

That said, a G4 with enough ram (>512MB, preferably >1GB) is perfectly fast enough for normal desktop use or as a light home server.

Assuming you have a decent amount of RAM, Leopard should run fine on your PowerBook.

4. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

I'm running leopard on a 1.67 with 2gb of ram. It is a little bit faster than tiger was.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

That's what I'm running, and it's great for me, too.

There are several threads on this already. Check out the search function for these forums and read up on others' opinions.