Anyone got the Spigen SGP Slim Armor Case for 5/5S??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by That-Guy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Looking at getting the Spigen SGP Slim Armor Case for my 5S which is due wednesday, just wondering if anyone else is using this case on the 5/5S?

I love the Dodger Blue colour, and really tempted to order. After watching some YouTube reviews they all seem pretty good apart from the coloured part is made from a hard wearing plastic rather than metal and there is only a little face down lay on the table protection for the screen.

Just thought I would see if anyone has used/or is using the case and what their thoughts are on it? Any other good or bad points? Even which colour they like the best!

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181224843426

Thanks in Advance!

2. terzinator macrumors 6502

They look awesome (especially the orange one), but I went for Apple's brown leather for my space gray phone.

3. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Think I will be getting the Blue, I really like the Yellow and the Lime Green but think they are a little "Out There" for me so will probably play it safe with the Blue :D

4. terzinator macrumors 6502

I still might get one, as I think they look great. I usually wind up changing cases after 6 months or so. (Although, honestly, I usually get them for cheap at TJMaxx or wherever...)

This Apple leather case is the first one I've ever spent this much on.

5. marddin macrumors 6502

I ordered a white slim armor case to replace my speck candyshell for my 5S. I ended up returning the slim armor because I felt it didn't provide enough protection as the speck candyshell while keeping a slim form factor. I don't really like the 2 part case designs either. It still was an awesome case, it was a little rigid on the back so holding it was a bit uncomfortable. If you are looking for a case that doesn't add a lot of bulk and basic, very basic drop protection then it should be good for you.

Just my 2 cents.

6. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Thanks for the feedback!

Thats interesting I actually have a brand new Speck CandyShell in White/Charcoal to use with my 5S, the case looks good but was going to get a couple other cases to swap around every now and again :)

7. marddin macrumors 6502

I HIGHLY suggest the Candyshell as I've had it for over a year and dropped many times and still not a single scratch or ding on the phone. Only thing is the Candyshells offer minimal color combination and most, I feel, are geared towards female colors.

That's my only gripe about Speck candyshells.

8. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Thanks! Think I will stick to the CandyShell for a few months then before purchasing any other case to try.

I have a brand new Spigen Glas t Slim Screen Protector for the 5/5S too but not sure if I should use it or not. I did notice the CandyShell has pretty good lay on the table protection so not sure if its really needed.

9. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

Just know that it’s not slim despite the name. The "slim" armor case is thickest iPhone 5 case I have and I don't use it. I like slim cases and don't really care about drop protection as much as just basic scratch protection because I don't drop my phone. The "slim" armor case seems like it would provide decent protection though if that’s what you’re looking for. It was just too thick for me. I did like the Spigen linear metal case and used it with my 5 quite a bit. I just ordered the ultra hybrid from Amazon because it was only 9.99 and it will be here tomorrow.

10. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I have the orange Slim Armor S (same case but a hair thinner) and love it. Had the green but returned it because the color was not as shown in the pics. Very thin and does a great job of protecting the phone. I've dropped it several times and it still looks new.

The only negatives I've found is it is a little slick, and the colored back plate scratches relatively easy.

11. sucka free macrumors member

I've got one on order, should be here this week.
    Read the reviews, as watched the tech videos on YouTube and figured of give it a try.
    I'm disappointed that the back plate is plastic instead of anondized aluminum.

12. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I have a slim armor S and love it. Fantastic fit, form factor and finish. I like it better than my spek candyshell.

13. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Getting some good feedback about the case, if you could let me know your thoughts after it arrives that would be great :)

14. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

I've been using the Slim Armor S for a few days and am very happy with it. It looks great, fits well, and seems like it would provide good protection.

15. mikeabbz macrumors member

Have the white/black slim armor s for white/silver iphone 5s. Great case, feels good in hand and feels solid. I prefer it over the apple leather case that i used for a week. Although the back plate is plastic it does not feel cheap.

16. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Well I have a review unit coming my way which is great!

Will report back once it turns up :)

17. sucka free macrumors member

If my phone ever leaves china !! LOL

18. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

19. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

My 5S turned up today, really pleased with it so far :)

I did look at that version but think its a little too bulky, think it would annoy me. Thats what happened with my otterbox anyway :D

20. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

I dont think its like an otter box?

Check out some youtube vids.

21. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I've had a Slim Armor on my 5 since early June. Good case, good protection, but the color part scuffs and scratches VERY easily. Only one I think looks worse is the Speck Candyshell after 3-4 months.

22. woods1110 macrumors member

I've had the dodger blue slim armor for about a week. I love it. It offers all the protection I need and is very well made in my opinion.

23. That-Guy, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Well my review unit has turned up, I love the look and feel of it. I have the Gunmetal Grey version.

It's a shame the site didn't have the blue version to review or I would of got that one instead. This colour does match my Space Grey 5S though!

24. sucka free macrumors member

Mine showed up yesterday and I pulled it out of the package and checked it out. Looks pretty solid, can't wait to try it out on the SG5s

25. Kal~El macrumors member

Glass t slim?

Anyone that has the slim armor case and glass t slim, does the case fit with it?
    Does the case cover the lip/edge of the glass?

I have the case on the way but i want to order the screen protector but i want to make sure it fits. Thanks