shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Has anyone had any luck putting a t-mobile nano sim from an iPhone 5 into an iPad Mini? I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I put the sim in, set the same APN to fast.t-mobile.com for APN and LTE, and it latches on to T-Mobile's LTE with 4 bars of signal.

I then go into the browser then load a webpage and try to load a website. The site is redirected to my.t-mobile..... and just hangs halfway through loading the page. Out of curiosity, I go to that same page on wifi, and it just loads the my tmobile site.

Not sure why this wouldn't work. The device is clearly attached to T-Mo's 3G and\or LTE, so why is it redirecting me, and why isn't it just working?

Thanks!

pocketpenguin

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
Not sure why this wouldn't work. The device is clearly attached to T-Mo's 3G and\or LTE, so why is it redirecting me, and why isn't it just working?

Thanks!

Tmobile blocks sims that are set up on phone plans from working on iPads. Too many people were using the prepaid $30 5-gig data plan with their iPads. Phone plan sims worked early on after the ipad 3 was introduced, which is why you've probably found lots of web pages saying it works, but it doesn't work anymore.

You must get a new sim and set it up with a tablet plan. Try going to your local tmobile store after November 1 and get yourself set up with the new free 200 meg per month plan!

Comment

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Tmobile blocks sims that are set up on phone plans from working on iPads. Too many people were using the prepaid $30 5-gig data plan with their iPads. Phone plan sims worked early on after the ipad 3 was introduced, which is why you've probably found lots of web pages saying it works, but it doesn't work anymore.

You must get a new sim and set it up with a tablet plan. Try going to your local tmobile store after November 1 and get yourself set up with the new free 200 meg per month plan!

Yeah, just strange that TMO would block data.... at least give me what I pay for... who cares if I use it on iPad or iPhone, it's the same iOS\capabilities.

Comment

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas

Yeah, just strange that TMO would block data.... at least give me what I pay for... who cares if I use it on iPad or iPhone, it's the same iOS\capabilities.

That sucks, I was planning on using that plan on a iPad i'm going to buy soon and on another thread ppl said it ddn't work.

You should try these APN's:
* wap.voicestream.com
* epc.tmobile.com
* internet2.voicestream.com
* internet3.voicestream.com

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.