Anyone gotten a US iTunes gift card recently?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by J@ffa, May 22, 2015.

1. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

I need to fund my US iTunes account (from the UK!) so I can renew my HBO Now subscription… I've found a few through Google, but surprisingly few legit websites have any obvious mentions of sites to use recently, and the only ones I can find mentions here by searching are either years old or a bit scammy looking.

So, anyone got any pointers? Thanks!

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

I'll point you here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-iTunes-Code-for-80-Email-delivery/261885506484

I found this reseller last year via both 9to5Toys and Lifehacker's Kinja deals. I've been buying from this eBay reseller for several months, including this deal - they're limited to 2 cards per purchase. Sometimes the delivery is electronic (like this one) or via mail (USPS) - both work well for me. I've purchased about US$1k since October - my latest purchase got a copy of FCPX and Motion. No complaints from me.

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

You can try this guy:
    jmbbennett@hotmail.com

Used to be good a year ago but now I have a local reseller so didn't contact him for a while.

4. StevenWalker macrumors regular

5. J@ffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Thanks everyone! Found the link to the guys above independently and thought they sounded good, got $50 nice and easily. Will keep the others in mind for the future just in case though.

6. Mackinjosh macrumors 6502a

Use a VPN and buy the 100 dollar cards from Ebay for 80 dollars each. I just bought 3 and now I'm set for movie rentals and the occasional month of HBO Now for the foreseeable future.

7. StevenWalker macrumors regular

8. campyguy macrumors 68030

Sorry for that. I took the chance of 99% and 78,000 more positive feedbacks with a 20% discount over overpaying (US$55 for a $50 card) with 100% and 1250 positive feedbacks. I got my discounted codes emailed to me within an hour 10 times, including 4 times in the past 4 weeks, or I wouldn't have related my experience with them. Sure, it's not perfect - but there's also over 78000 5-star feedbacks in the past 12 months, IMHO it's hard to overlook that given that most free email providers don't whitelist everybody that bulk emails like the reseller I offered up.

The other link - offering a deal that leads me to paying US$55 for a US$50 card? Heck, I can get that deal anywhere, any day of the week. I've got a Best Buy and a Staples here on the same island I live on and can pay face value for an iTunes card.

I use my credit card, so there's no risk to me. I'll take a 20% discount over overpaying (http://www.ebay.com/itm/131520180574) any day. Still loving my discounted FCPX and Motion purchases...

9. StevenWalker macrumors regular

Well that's of no use to our friend in the UK that asked is it?

OS people need something 100% reliable and safe... emailed to them.

This guy is just too risky... and all that negative feedback 200+ is just in the last 30days, which is the worst feedback to have. And over 2,000 people complaining they got ripped off in the last 12mths!!

Risky and dodgy.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...l=30&_trkparms=negative_30&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

10. campyguy macrumors 68030

Seriously? Weigh 99+% of 80k transactions against 100% of fewer than 1.5k transactions. I did, adding the guarantee that eBay and PayPal offer - I read the negative feedback related specifically to iTS cards. Hey, I was born in NYC and have seen the "discounts" available on 6th Ave for 35+years - IMHO your concerns are overblown given the built-in international protections.

The former offers a discount, which is what the OP was seeking - the latter is asking for a 10% premium for the same product. eBay has guaranteed purchases from the former. I bought US$200 from them in October and December and US$300 in January, February, and last week - all codes were received in under an hour.

Go ahead, pay more. You can offer a defense for the smaller reseller - I don't care. I've got my iTS codes already in my account. :D

11. StevenWalker macrumors regular

12. Doz007 macrumors newbie

Does anyone use a similar seller for UK iTunes codes please?

13. kaldezar macrumors regular

Hi I use "buyfrompowerseller.com located originally through ebay and now through their own website, you pay a premium of approximately 10% but they email the codes usually within 24 hours. Have used them for several years now well pleased.

14. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a