Anyone had a Macbook delivery to your door?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by milkanddirt, Apr 15, 2015.

1. milkanddirt macrumors newbie

Any problems? I'm not someone who orders things online often so the idea of getting an macbook pro shipped to my door frightens me a bit. Especially since i plan on getting a build to order model of the MBPR (ram upgrade). I just wanted to know if anyone has ordered a macbook pro online and what their experiences were like.

2. walangij macrumors 6502

No problems here. Ordered a new 2015 rMBP 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD as my BTO options last Friday. I received it today, delivered to my door, in great shape.

3. aishakeys macrumors member

aishakeys

I have ordered 2 macs from their site usually they dont just leave it at your door you must have someone to sign atleast here in canada.or pick it up at depot after first failed attempt

4. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I ordered a refurb rMBP from Apple and it arrived on-time in perfect shape.

5. eurosteve macrumors newbie

Ordered mine from B&H Photo and it arrived in perfect shape. Had to sign for it with UPS.

6. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

I've ordered both BTO iMac and Macbook Pro in the UK like that and problem whatsoever, Apple uses reputable companies in most countries so you shouldn't have any issues at all!

7. leman macrumors 604

What is so frightening about home delivery? Its as convenient as it gets. You don't even need to leave your home :p

8. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

I always have them delivered to my door.

The box is padded inside a brown box and they always ask for your signature before handing it over, here in the UK it's usually delivered by either UPS or TNT, though last time they used UK Mail.

9. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I've had like 8 Apple notebooks delivered to my door.

iBook, PowerBook, two MacBook Pro's and 5 Retina MacBook Pro's.

They have never arrived damaged due to shipping. Apple packs them really well.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The majority of my purchases have been via online. No problem what so ever, though I do try to be home on the day its to be delivered and they do require a signature.

11. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

I ordered BTO late-2013 15" rMBP online and had it shipped to me. No problems for me at all. A signature is required upon delivery so they wouldn't just leave it at the door to prevent it from being stolen.

12. snaky69 macrumors 603

Every Mac owner I know (myself included) bought online. No problems. I don't see why there would be.

13. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

I have had four of the five I have owned since 2006 show up that way, always quite perfectly too.. :apple:

√ Just Do It!! ™ :D

14. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

I order as much as possible online for delivery to my house. Nothing to be scared about.

At this point I'm basically a hermit

15. aodesigns macrumors member

Waiting for my replacement which is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Due to a late flight this has been delayed for an unknown duration :(

First one arrived in perfect condition ! You have nothing to worry out :)

16. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I bought my mid-2009 MBP from my out of state college's book store and had it shipped to my parents' house to avoid paying sales tax. It arrived perfectly fine in a brown box with the original packaging intact. Booted up right away as expected. If a college student employee can pack up a Mac and ship it, Apple certainly can.

17. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

While not a MacBook, my Retina iMac arrived the same way. Double-boxed with an outer brown shipping box and signature required for delivery.

18. flur macrumors 68000

The only rub with ordering online is that you have to be there to sign for it, which is a pain if they come late in the day (or outside of their stated delivery window, should you get one). You can opt to pick up at your local Fedex (or UPS, if that's how it comes) office, which can make things easier.

19. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Purchased my 2015 rmbp 13" 2.9 GHz 512 GB with force touch trackpad at Best Buy. But since they did not have it in stock, they have placed an order for me with a free expedited shipping. I have set it to be delivered to one of my work place.

Reason why I choose my work place over my home is because of fast delivery since most of the time package gets delivered to office/business first before residential. And of course I can always sign for it if they deliver it to my workplace.

20. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Nope, had many Macs delivered. Never an issue.

Even had an older Mac Pro delivered and they used the original box with a big picture of the computer on the outside (if you're worried about delivery theft).

21. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I received my MacBook Pro without any problems. It was a very smooth delivery.

22. kage207 macrumors 6502a

I only get my Apple products via online and shipped to my home. I refuse to go to the store.

23. Eithanius macrumors 65816

The last time I ordered online, it was a BTO Mac Pro, delivered without issue...

24. cairene2011 Guest

I only had my Macs delivered so far and there was never an issue. In fact, I got Mac deliveries in various countries and no matter what courier service was used, it was always second to none! In Austria, the UPS guy even calls an hour ahead of his arrival to make sure someone's home.
    The delivery guy who brought my third Mac to my flat in London didn't call, but was still super-friendly and very careful with the package. He even offered to carry it upstairs for me so that I wouldn't drop it.

Generally speaking, I view home deliveries as less risky than store pickups, since there are less steps and parties involved when the Mac goes directly to his final destination.

Factory --> Import --> Delivery to Store --> Handling at Store --> Transport home
    vs
    Factory --> Import --> Delivery home.

25. cynics macrumors G3

If there is one near you have it delivered to the local Apple Store.

I do that because I'm rarely home to sign. My UPS driver would leave it if I left a note or I could have a neighbor sign. But for me that adds too much risk and responsibility (chance its stolen if left at the door, verifying there is no damage if a neighbor signed, etc).

Apple store is a little bit out of the way for me but generally when picking up a BTO mac I don't seem to mind too much. :D Plus I can open it right in front of the Apple employees so if there was an issue they can address it.