Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your 8plus bent?

• Yes

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 63 90.0%

• Total voters

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
If it bends then the glass would crack, so the question would be more in relation to noticing the glass cracking vs. bending specifically.

And the phone can still bend. It’s a glass sandwich not a piece of glass. The phone can actually bend still. So the person I quoted is wrong. The phone can actually bend. You’ll break the glass where it bends.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And the phone can still bend. It’s a glass sandwich not a piece of glass. The phone can actually bend still. So the person I quoted is wrong. The phone can actually bend. You’ll break the glass where it bends.
I guess more appropriately worded it would be that the glass would break first before there would be noticeable bending essentially.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016

Indeed, I agree.

I guess more appropriately worded it would be that the glass would break first before there would be noticeable bending essentially.

This

Matsamoto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden

Attachments

• E5706999-58D7-4125-9A9F-BFCA04308249.jpeg
    E5706999-58D7-4125-9A9F-BFCA04308249.jpeg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 257
  • D7891024-7FED-4C1E-B1AF-8AF316BE6B96.jpeg
    D7891024-7FED-4C1E-B1AF-8AF316BE6B96.jpeg
    908.5 KB · Views: 265

Matsamoto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
Wow is that your phone?! How did you manage to get to that situation?!
I had my 8+ in my front pocket of my jeans, regul fit. With a case and screen protector.
( not on the images )

I was cyckling to the local shop and when i came home the phone looks like that. Now i know that i shouldnt have my phone in any pockets, not even in the front.

But i was lucky. No cracks on front or backs and the phone works perfect.

So lesson learned

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I had my 8+ in my front pocket of my jeans, regul fit. With a case and screen protector.
( not on the images )

I was cyckling to the local shop and when i came home the phone looks like that. Now i know that i shouldnt have my phone in any pockets, not even in the front.

So lesson learned

I keep my phones including the 8 plus and Xs max in the front pocket and I wear pretty fitted jeans. Never had this issue.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
( not on the images )

So lesson learned

Shouldn’t have your phone in your pockets? Where else are you supposed to have it?

For the life of me I don’t know how you managed that though.

Westhorn8605

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2018
just a quick one, got the chance to pick up a 8 Plus for a good price but I’m still a bit nervous on bending issues especially with people who wear slim jeans. (No I won’t be putting it in my back pocket before people ask!)

So just wondering if anyone has had any bend issues since launch to put my mind at rest?
glass or not mine absolutely bent. i carry in my back pocket often and always in a case. I'll post picture soon

Zwingert

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
I know this is an older post but I am on my second 8 plus and it’s sure bent, the first one I kept in my front pocket, the second I haven’t put in pocket and had an otter box case on it before switching to a smaller case and it was bent in same exact spot, no glass was broken, I was charged 299 from my carrier due to this issue, now I’m still having same issue, I’m upgrading to iPhone 11 and I hope this issue will not happen in a case that protects it, I can’t even charge my phone on a flat charger with 8+

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Nope no bending issues with my 8 plus but I also don’t put my phone in my back pocket or wear skinny jeans.

Brittany McGee

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2020
Not sure why people are saying this is not possible. My iPhone 8+ is bent and has never been in a pocket.
C50B2C8B-C426-46B2-9403-CED435AAE809.jpeg

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
If it makes you feel any better, I had the 6 plus and it was THE BENDING iPhone which got a lot of press attention and even a structure redesign with the 6S Plus... I was really paranoid about it bending, checking it daily, laying it flat front facedown on even surfaces to make sure.

Eventually that wore off, and guess what after 2 years I cleaned up the device ready for resale and checked it again... guess what... no bending issue at all.

I seriously wouldn’t worry about these bending issues, and take bending vids on YouTube with a grain of salt as 99% of those videos do not show real world usage and instead focus pressure on the edges of the devices and in the centre of the devices which has a higher likelihood of bending (presented for clicks and subs).

Enjoy your phone, don’t let bending issues suck the fun out of using your devices.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
Have had an 8+ for a while and no bending issues for me. My job is pretty dynamic and the phone has held up well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.