Anyone had any luck getting out of Sprints early upgrade fee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sup3rknova, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Sup3rknova macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

With WWDC on Monday I want to upgrade my iPhone 4 as well as my wifes iPhone 4. Sprint stated I could get the 16GB iPhone 5 for the new customer price of $199 although I would have to pay the early upgrade fee of $175 each since our upgrade isnt until October. Anyone ever had luck getting out of that fee? I keep Sprint because the company I am with keeps my bill low and I really like the unlimited data. I know its not the FASTEST but I hate knowing I would be capped. :D:apple::confused: Tmobile wanted a RIDICULOUS deposit for some reason.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Chances are we won't see a new iPhone before October, so you're in luck. You can either get the newer model, likely at $199 or the 5, likely at $99 at that time.

As for tmobile requiring a deposit, that is based on your credit score.

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Pay your bills on-time and establish good credit.

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

For the early upgrade price plus the price of the iPhone 5's, you could probably find some used Sprint iPhone 5's on eBay. Then factor in selling your iPhone 4's for about $100 each. That way you can get the 5 now and still have your upgrades ready in October.

Then in October you should be able to sell your Iphone 5 for at least $300 each and that will cover the cost of both of you upgrading to the 5s.

5. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Get better credit and stop complaining ;)

6. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

You wont get out of it. When the iPhone 5 came out, I couldnt even get boosted up A DAY BEFORE. They still wanted me to pay. So yea, you'll have to wait.