Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!


macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Riverside, CA
With WWDC on Monday I want to upgrade my iPhone 4 as well as my wifes iPhone 4. Sprint stated I could get the 16GB iPhone 5 for the new customer price of $199 although I would have to pay the early upgrade fee of $175 each since our upgrade isnt until October. Anyone ever had luck getting out of that fee? I keep Sprint because the company I am with keeps my bill low and I really like the unlimited data. I know its not the FASTEST but I hate knowing I would be capped. :D:apple::confused: Tmobile wanted a RIDICULOUS deposit for some reason.


macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Chances are we won't see a new iPhone before October, so you're in luck. You can either get the newer model, likely at $199 or the 5, likely at $99 at that time.

As for tmobile requiring a deposit, that is based on your credit score.


macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
For the early upgrade price plus the price of the iPhone 5's, you could probably find some used Sprint iPhone 5's on eBay. Then factor in selling your iPhone 4's for about $100 each. That way you can get the 5 now and still have your upgrades ready in October.

Then in October you should be able to sell your Iphone 5 for at least $300 each and that will cover the cost of both of you upgrading to the 5s.


macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
You wont get out of it. When the iPhone 5 came out, I couldnt even get boosted up A DAY BEFORE. They still wanted me to pay. So yea, you'll have to wait.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.