Anyone had any luck with 10.6 and Mozy?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by beaken, Jun 14, 2009.

1. beaken macrumors member

Been trying to get Mozy to work on the latest build of 10.6. After installing and clicking on configure mozy the dock icon comes up but just sits there never giving me the configure screen. Anyone else seen this?

2. beaken thread starter macrumors member

WoW 31 views and not anyone else is out there running these two apps together?

3. kolax macrumors G3

Seeing as few people here are official ADC members and therefore legally have Snow Leopard to test their applications on you wonder why no one can give you an answer to an unreleased OS?

4. icewraithuk macrumors newbie

Having the same issue here, updated to the latest build as well.

5. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

6. beaken thread starter macrumors member

yah i have been trying builds with there tech department but so far its still broken. Im hoping it will get up and working again soon.

Mozy is a offsite backup for Mac.

7. MacBobbyR macrumors newbie

Mozy & My Living Desktop

I've had the same issue with Mozy on my iMac and MacBook since upgrading to 10.6. I'm currently exchanging e-mails with their Tech Support but haven't gotten anywhere. Curiously, I had the same issue on 10.5.7 before switching to 10.6.

On a separate note: My Living Desktop doesn't seem to work with 10.6 as well. I just now sent an e-mail to their Tech Support.

If I hear anything of value, I'll be sure to post it here.

Take care,
    Bob

8. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Mozy seems to work for me (w/ Snow Leopard), more or less - however, the connection drops / times out a lot. So I have to restart it over and over. I don't really understand why, considering that other apps (adium, skype, streaming vid, etc) are all able to maintain the connection. Oh well. :confused: Hopefully an update will fix my problems.

9. Kate. macrumors regular

Mozy has worked perfectly fine for me in 10.6. Although I don't do scheduled backups—only manual ones.

10. Ephilei macrumors newbie

Doesn't work for me. It gets stucks when manually choosing from the Files and Folders tab. And even I don't manually choose them, it will hang when trying to back up.

11. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Have you manually installed the newest version of Mozy? I had mine set to auto-update, but it turns out my version was really old. I got the newest version, and it's been smooth sailing for me on Snow Leopard.