Anyone had any luck with number@mms.att.net?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by David R, Jul 17, 2007.

1. David R macrumors 6502

I've tried emailing myself a picture at my_number@mms.att.net and I never receive anything on my iPhone and the email never bounces back.

I had a friend MMS me for real but at that email address (not an email from a client) and I didn't get it either.

Am I doing anything wrong?

2. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

MMS gateways don't seem to work. If you try to send a picture from iPhone through an email>MMS gateway, it usually either bounces back or goes through but nobody actually gets it.

The one you've tried doesn't work for me either, nor do the ones for other carriers. Guess we just need Apple to add MMS support--iPhone is perfectly capable.

3. speedballs macrumors member

I got one from a friend who used that and it worked just fine. I even replied to him and he got it. I'm not sure exactly what he did though.
    Try doing this - area code+number+@teleflip.com and see if that works. (8015561875@teleflip.com for example.

4. David R thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your suggestion. That didn't seem to do anything either. I guess we have to wait until Apple and AT&T get their act together.

5. KeegoSupremo macrumors member

worked for me

I sent one to a verizon phone phone number @vtex.com and it worked just fine
    also that @teleflip.com you have to go to www.teleflip.com and register first

6. Nall macrumors regular

7. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I am able to send and recieve photos using the mms.att.net email addy. Although, I have not figured out how to recieve 3gp video sent from my friend's cellphone yet.

8. Okiewan, Jul 18, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

Okiewan macrumors member

9. mrwilmoth macrumors member

10. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

It is because Wap push is disabled on Iphones by AT&T. If you call them and can get one of the SR's to enable it swirly mms app will work on AT&T but otherwise it will not work. Check out the Swirly mms post under hacks section for much more info regarding this problem.