Anyone had any problems after erasing a hdd partition?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikes70mustang, Jul 9, 2009.

1. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Im just wondering from those of you that have made a bootcamp partition, if any problems arise if you decide you dont need/want bootcamp anymore and erase that side. Im not having problems, im just pondering about said question.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Can't see why you would have any issues

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. jsdc2005 macrumors member

I had a problem that I found someone else had had before when I needed to fix it. Issue was a failed installation of XP where, even after the partition was deleted, the Mac was trying (and failing) to boot into windows.

Problem easily solved by creating and immediately deleting a windows partition.

4. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Cool, thanks. I dont use boot camp b/c i have no need for it. But my dad has a copy of windows 7 on a disc, but he does not want to install it on any of his pcs to try it out. So i said id put it on mine and tell him how it runs, and let him use it for a bit. But after that is over I will probably just erase it to conserve hd space. I no there is a ton of people on here that praise win7, but i tend not to trust what i read on here all the time. I like to see for myself.

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

In the system preferences, there is an option of what you want to boot into by default. Changing this to the Mac OSX partition would have fixed the problem.

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i recently had a problem with windows 7 and had to erase the partition and then just decided to leaver it off until the actual retail version comes out, but i did notice a bit of a slowdown in the boot time, but running OnyX brought it back up to speed.