Anyone had camera issues on 6/6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bunnicula, Nov 4, 2014.

1. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm trying out a Gold 128 GB 6 plus because...novelty. I've had every other color so why not? I have a Silver 128 GB 6 plus, but I need to return it by Saturday because that's my 14-day return window.

I checked the Gold for my previous concerns (I'd gotten a Gold that had terrible battery life and had to return it already), and it had been looking great.

Today, it flipped out on me while trying to take pics. Screen stalled and/or repeatedly went black. Rebooted twice. Phone eventually started to take pics normally, but I'm now concerned that I got a dud camera.

Any thoughts/ advice? I paid cash for this phone and really don't want to go through any refurb ordeals. It's only 3 days old. Ugh.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sounds like a software issue really. You can try to restore the phone and see if the problem repeats. The problem is that if you cannot repeat the issue, returning it may be an issue as a whole.

3. Shikaka macrumors regular

I have this problem when video is set to "60 fps". Camera app constantly freezing or going black.

I already swapped my 6+ but still having the same issue with the new phone.

When I chat with Apple support they tell me that they've never heard of this problem and are unable to recreate it on their end. Funny thing is that there are multiple people complaining about it on Apple's own discussion site.

4. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yeah. It's working fine now. Makes me think it's software because when I can take pics, they're just as good as they are on all the other 6/6plus phones in my house.

I could just return it because I've only had it 3 days and I bought it outright. But, if I'm liable to have it with ANY 6 plus, might as well keep the Gold.

----------

Ahhhh. Very interesting.

I'll check out the support site. Sounds like I may as well keep the phone. I'm liable to have this problem anyway. Thanks.

5. Shikaka macrumors regular

I've been able to recreate the problem pretty consistently with both phones. It seems like the camera freezes when swiping between Camera/Video while the camera is trying to refocus.

I have no idea if it's software related? Or if it has something to do with the 6+'s IOS?

6. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I was thinking it was software. Or hoping, that is.

7. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Update: Reset Settings totally fixed the camera issue. Software problem.