Anyone had major probs with Lexmark? Tell me now ...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gessoandgold, Oct 6, 2009.

1. gessoandgold macrumors newbie

I need a colour laser printer and am thinking of getting a Lexmark, the model C734 looks perfect, specs are exactly what I need, the price looks okay, it has Mac drivers.

I want to know if anyone has had problems with Lexmark in the past, is their support centre ok, what are your experiences with them - what do YOU think?

I've heard they've not been too Mac friendly in the past which (given the ruddy trouble I've had with my otherwise great Canons) makes me wary. :cool:

2. jonny5009 macrumors member

jonny5009

I don't have a fancy laser printer but I do have a wireless Lexmark all-in-one which has been great and very easy to get the drivers for. My only gripe is that it doesn't have a program to show you the image that was scanned so you can select the scan area. But other than that it has worked perfectly.

3. gessoandgold thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow!

That is SO impressive, Lexmark must be make amazingly good printers since no-one has gripes. I'm going for it. Thanks for the help.

4. sxdev macrumors newbie

Maybe they were

Maybe they were amazingly good printers.

I just ran out of the 14000 page toner I placed in my Optra R back in 1995 and put in my backup 14000 page toner cartridge I had bought at the same time.

The printer is from 1994 and the only thing making it hard to use is Apple. Their Lexmark Optra drivers sometimes gives it PostScript commands it doesn't understand.

5. gessoandgold thread starter macrumors newbie

Really, the specs are looking SO good ... still dillydallying, though I will probably break down and buy one on Monday (cringe, cringe, so much money!) I have simply got to have an economical laser printer to carry out my plan for world domination. Oh well. Sigh.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Lexmark printers are usually

- low cost
    - very expensive per print

In most cases, you'll spend way more money by using lexmark. Brother is much better.

7. gessoandgold thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the C734dn I'm looking at. The cost per page is low. I 've had a look at Brother and there doesn't seem to be the same specs and fairly low toner costs for the price, but I'll have another look because I have been known to miss things (hence the hesitation). I'm pretty fond of canon, but again, nothing like it available. Oh my head! :confused: