Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brenmcg

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2008
I've had trouble,

I updated my 2g iPhone to 2.2 using iTunes and then used QuickPwn to jailbreak it. Ever since I can't get any signal... even the carrier tab in settings is missing!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

rtztgue

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
major problems... my 2g got stuck in recovery mode. The only way to get it out is to do a full restore, and then re-jailbreak(with unlock). But it gets stuck in recovery mode again. I get to the last screen of quickpwn and it just cannot seem to finish the job.

tjobeid

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2008
FLawless , i love it . i have a 2g iphone with 2.1 unlocked and JB . All i did was download 2.2 ipsw then go to itunes hit update. It did its thing then just open up 2.2 quickpwn and jailbreak it and choose unlock also let it do its thing and put it in DFU mode.

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Unlocked 2.2, not Jailbroken though. I have used Quickpwn, Winpwn, Pwnage Tool, and I've never had a problem. All you need to do is find a nice tutorial (iClarified) and follow it exactly. No worries.:)

bier-meister

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
I had a few minor problems with a new macbook. pwngetool would fail to build, error message, "I haz failed", but the dev team released a new version (2.2.1) a few days ago which solved this problem. When I put the phone in DFU mode iTunes would throw up an error 21 message so I had to restart the phone and do the update from itunes using restore mode. No problems once it was updated.

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I just helped a friend who has T-Mobile, an iPhone and Windows Vista. I told him to upgrade to 2.2 via iTunes, which he did, and then run QuickPwn. He selected all the options, including the one to unlock, and everything worked just fine.

If it didn't work for you, I recommend restoring to a fresh 2.2 firmware, and then running QuickPwn again.

thesoze

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2008
i've had problems - mentioned in other thread - wifi does not work anymore and battery usage was high, that was fixed by forcing close of safari

don't know what happened this time - but my unlocks worked flawlessly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.