Anyone had these exact problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kevingaffney, Dec 28, 2009.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

My daughter recently inherited my eighteen month old iphone 3g.
    It's now constantly freezing. Symptoms improve for a couple of days after a full restore. Charging can sometimes be erratic when phone is acting up. I'll probably end up paying for repairs, so wondering if anyone has had out of warranty repairs carried out to remedy similar problems and what did it cost.
    I'm in Ireland so can't bring unit to an Apple store as we don't have one

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Where abouts in Ireland? If you're near Northern Ireland, there's always the Apple Store at Victoria Square in Belfast. You can get the unit swapped out for £99, giving you a refurb, even if it's out of warranty/Applecare. The might be a bit weird about it I suppose if it was on O2 Ireland rather than O2 UK though..

3. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi Ryan
    I'm in Southern part. About three hours from Belfast. Do Apple offer this service on net at similar price? Would be happy with that if they had

4. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I don't know about on the phone. If you do it through the Apple website in the UK it can start to cost a ridiculous amount of money. I believe it's in the region of £150 for an out-of-warranty service, plus a service charge of around £30-40. In the store they're a lot more forgiving and generally will replace it for the in-warranty replacement price if you're nice about it. Perhaps try this approach on the phone and you might get a good result. Otherwise, you'll have to cough up the full amount. :(