Anyone has a base model mbp 15" haswell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Oct 27, 2013.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

2. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

3. zombiedave macrumors newbie

Im looking for the same answer........nothing youtube either......clearly its not a popular model?

4. daudi81 macrumors regular

This probably won't help, since I ended up getting the higher end 15", but played with the base model a crap load at the store. I couldn't get either to slow down whatsoever, so the performance was great at least to me. I'm a spec nerd so I got the higher end - but I honestly couldn't tell a lick of difference (although in games you'd be able to tell obviously). I also got the high end 13" and can't get that thing to slow down either (other than games), so I guess it just depends what you consider high performance. They are both beasts.

5. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Not sure what you are asking. I have the base model 1999.99 and I have had zero issues.

It is quick, battery is great. Again not sure what you are asking at this point.

6. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm asking because I tend to use lightroom/photoshop with this computer for the next 4-5 years. I will also have it hooked up on two external screen (23 inch + 27 inch) ...so I'm wondering if it isn't better to just get the version with dgpu!

7. briand05 macrumors 6502

I have it, performance is great of course, it runs cool and has great battery life.

8. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

I have LR installed, no issues. I have not hooked it up to an external monitor yet so I can't comment on that. But to be honest the thing is fine, no issues. Fast as can be