Anyone has an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by apple.fan, Sep 20, 2017.

1. apple.fan macrumors member

apple.fan

I'm so upset, turns out i can´t update my apple watch serie 2 because i have an iPhone 5, witch doesn't support the new iOS 11. I'm so so so so mad!! Anyone else still with an iPhone 5?

2. KrisLord macrumors 68000

The watch is probably faster than your phone, I think it time to upgrade! :)

3. apple.fan thread starter macrumors member

apple.fan

Actually my iPhone still works pretty well but believe me, i would upgrade if i could. I just think that i shouldn't be forced to buy a new phone, not without even a warning when i bought the watch that it wouldn't be compatible with this iPhone after a year.

4. Solver macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone 5 and a series 1 Apple Watch. The 32 bit iPhone 5 works perfectly fine with the series 2 watch, as long as you don’t install watchOS 4 or higher. If you somehow do, the iPhone 5 can’t support the new features. And downgrading an Apple Watch is not easy.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I think you missed it but Apple gave fair warning for the 32bit devices and apps. I am sorry.

6. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

Your Watch is still compatible with your phone. Your phone is not compatible with the new OS. It won’t let you update for that reason, but will continue to work as normal. If you want the new OS you need a compatible device, in your case that means a phone with a 64-bit processor. No one is forcing you to buy anything here. Everything is working as it was since you’re unable to update, and they will continue to work as such.

7. MisterAndrew macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

If you like the iPhone 5 then just get a new iPhone SE.

8. KrisLord macrumors 68000

My wife’s parents both have 5C so I’m familiar with its performance. It’s usable as a basic phone but I couldn’t live with it!