Anyone has problem with white iphone 4 proximity sensor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hohohong, May 24, 2011.

1. hohohong macrumors 6502

My current white iPhone 4 is my 3rd one in 3 weeks. Proximity sensor not working: After you use loud speaker to initiate a call and waited for the party to answer. Went the call got thru, I would turn loud speaker off and place my white iphone 4 beside my ear, but the screen doesn't turn off.

Does anyone else with white iphone has similar issue?

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

No problems whatsoever, even with a screen protector on.

3. solowmodel macrumors 6502

Hmm so it's not just me. I have occasional problems with the proximity sensor:

E.g. I'm making a phone call with phone next to my ear, and the screen will come on and press random buttons. Have had the experience of dialling random people in the middle of a phone call :( More common is speakerphone activating..

4. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

That small problem with the black iPhone was fixed with a patch long ago, don't know about the white one though...

5. aaronchow macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I also experience this randomly after turning on the speaker phone. I wonder if this is a bug...

6. jamesvdm macrumors regular

jamesvdm

I got a replacement black iPhone 4 a few weeks ago and the proximity sensor is terrible. The previous one I'd had since launch day and never had an issue.

I'm taking it back this weekend.

7. JasperJack macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue with a brand new white iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    Did u ever get an answer of solution?

8. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

9. tilliej macrumors newbie

Help! Do I want another?!

Got the 4 the first days it came out. Got a replacement. Got mad and traded it for my son's WORKING 3 GS as the proximity sensor drove me nuts for month! Now eligible to do it again. I liked everything about the 4 but the fact that it didn't work as a phone! Have they really fixed the proximity sensor problem? My son gave up the replacement I got and got a 32g 4 but it still drops, etc. What would be the consensus? Do I go for a white 4 or keep the 32g 3GS?