Anyone have a 2010 Prius with an iphone3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Little Endian, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

I was contemplating the purchase of a new Prius and was wondering if anyone could share their experience with using and iphone with the factorty Bluetooth head unit in the Prius. Namely call quality and any compatibility issues between the phone and handsfree system. Also how well does the ipod features sync with the factory head unit?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

eeeewwww Prius.

That being said, I did find you this:

3. moel macrumors 6502

Wow. I'm not sure thats ever been done before, as it would create an order of smugness that even the LHC isn't capable of creating!

But seriously, check Toyota's website i'm sure there will be a compatibility list of phones on there.

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I have exactly what you desire. A 2010 Prius. With bluetooth to my iPhone 3G. It works well, but i still use my headset if its any indication.

5. PeterKG macrumors 6502

If the BT microphone placement is the same in the 2010 as it is in my 2007, then it can be annoying. I have to speak into the console on the ceiling. Drives me crazy. I'm always yelling into my ceiling. Its too far away, and should be in front of your face someplace.

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

hmmmmm.... i have a 2007 prius and don't have any issues with my iphone and its bluetooth? :confused:

the only thing we have issue with is watching movies from the iphone via the screen (we bought an after market kit that works with the headphone jack to show movies on the GPS/audio/climate screen :)) they won't play from the iphone so we still have to bring the older ipod when we want to use that)

7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Let me tell you...it sucks!

Is that mean you won't buy it now because its iPhone compatibility is below expectation?

8. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

9. ed423 macrumors member

ed423

i hate pirus.
    but anwyas, i dont think stock bluetooth system in any car would be "fantastic", my acura tsx isnt all that better, but with toyota, it works, so..yea. haha

10. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

I've got an '06...what kit are you using?

11. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

It works really well. Music from the phone also streams wirelessly over bluetooth. I get in my car and my phone immediately connects and within seconds I'm hearing my iTunes library streaming through the car stereo.

No complaints. Best car bluetooth system I've ever used since it wirelessly works with both my phone and my music without ever touching a button.