Anyone have a Blue Replacement Housing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Knolly, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I know there are a few people here with the red housing for their 3Gs, but I was wondering about the blue...

The reason I asked is I was really jazzed to install this on my 3GS, and then I actually received it...

[​IMG]
    Housing on the left, auction pic on the right, obviously.

Excuse me sir, that's PURPLE. I'm wondering if I have a color defect or something and I should try ordering another one (from another seller), or if they all look like this... I may just end up going for a red one.

2. jmitch150 macrumors regular

jmitch150

3. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

You got the wrong one. email them and let them know. I was looking at the blue one also but it seems too difficult to install...

4. Knolly thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did email them and they're claiming they sent me the right one... What's more, if you look, I can find NOWHERE online to buy a purple housing, which is why I'm left wondering if I just got a random purple one, or if they all look like this.

[​IMG]

5. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i have the red one and have a blue one but mine does not look like that... i also suggest to only swap if you know what you are doing and the material is kinda cheap... the spot where my dock connecter is hooked cracked into two and my sim card tray is very tight... also took me a long time to do myself and i would recommend sending it to someone who is experienced

6. Knolly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, thanks for the response. So yours looks more blue than mine?

And I have no worries about doing the swap. I'm decently experienced and confident with ripping apart electronics. Thanks for the warning though.

7. loki007420 macrumors member

8. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

alright lol yeah its a lil bit lighter not too much though but not purple.. and you can order these off ebay just search for iphone 3g housings