Anyone have a cat that likes warm devices

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Sinx2oic, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Sinx2oic macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

Sorry possible a very silly tread but I have two lovely indoor cats that are obsessed with any warm electronical device I have. I know when my 8 core arrives and I'm rendering the little cat will be straight up on top absorbing that heat ( hair going everywhere) not good. Seriously going to have to build a cat cage around. Love my cats but my nMP..... Well it's a different kind of love, more pure. Ha.

2. Pistol Peto macrumors member

Pistol Peto

I've got two cats also that do the same. They love sitting on the laser printer. Honestly, I think the top of the nMP is far too small for them to settle down on - or even try to.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I imagine all cats like warm things, electronics included. My Puma loves to lay in front of the iMac screen when the heat is radiating from it.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

And, if at all possible, like most cats making it impossible for you to reach the keyboard. :p

5. Bad Leopard macrumors member

I'm still awaiting my nMP, but also have two cats that love to hang out on the desk. I think I will be setting the nMP up on a stand or something approx 8" high so they can't block the bottom vents.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yes, and/or see the screen too!

7. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

Well u would think so, but my little cat sits on my modem which is tiny - a bit smaller than the first Apple TV which he loves to sit on. There is no way I let him nest on my nMP. Problem is he's a wee bit daft so there's no learning. We will see. :)

----------

Maybe I will buy a decoy ( printer ) might be worth it. :)

8. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Cat's are smarter than that. They know where the comfortable heat is. :cool:

9. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

All cats love warm things. Especially younger cats. Don't be surprised to find them in the bed with you when you wake up.

10. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

As stupid as my wee cat is he don't sit on my pc. So he's got some taste at least. I will stop at nothing to teach him the value of good tech. Though he loves my shinny Mackie speakers. Anyway love my cats to bits but kind of wish I had those cats on YouTube that learn to open doors or jump in boxes. My cats just eat each other's sick and then are sick again and then sleep. Ha. :)

----------

No bedroom is private time for me and my lady, my little cat attacks anything under the sheets. Sorry will stop replying now.... Had a few pints. :)

11. crw macrumors member

Cats do love the heat. They are desert animals after all.

12. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

My cats love to lay on top of my Mac Pro. Maybe you can get a mesh trash can to set over the nMP so the cats can sit on top and not block the exhaust fan.

13. Vlad92 macrumors newbie

Luckily there is a lot more hot air coming out of the vents this time of year so that is the winner (so far)!

Attached Files:

14. Cisco_Kid macrumors 6502

Cisco_Kid

Mine love the top of the Qnap, Airport Extreme and Laser printer.

15. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

He's a lovely tabby. Toasty front paws!

16. Johnsyounger macrumors member

Was actually worried about this as well. Luckily I have a tabletop donkey kong that one cat spends roughly 12 hours a day on :)

17. Rock Hound macrumors member

It's only fair that I warn you that my cat is a hard-core power user.

Attached Files:

18. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

arrr he's a lap.... top-cat. :D

19. wildmac macrumors 65816

Mine sit on a shelf thats directly above my cMP.. since the hot air goes up along the wall next to the shelf. Unsure if the shelf will be as warm with the nMP.. which may lead the cats to trying new things... May need a hair net on the bottom of the nMP.