ANYONE HAVE A COLORWARE iPHONE/iPOD TOUCH?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by friekunater, Oct 5, 2008.

1. friekunater macrumors 6502

post pics!

do you like it?

do you think it was worth it?

how much did your color job cost?

does the paint crack/chip?

any other general problems with it?

does it affect things like reception, volume, vibration, etc.?

any suggestions on getting one colored?

2. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

not an accessory though, it's a modification

3. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

4. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

I have had my iPhone painted in the past and loved it. I did drop it once and the painted chipped but it was on concrete so not shocking. Otherwise the phone was amazing looking afterwards and worked the same as before.

5. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

post pics of it!!

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i see you bypassed the no caps in title rule there.

8. b.rich macrumors newbie

I had my touch done back in April. I shipped it to Colorware brand new in the box. Total cost with shipping was about $140. I am very pleased with the quality that Colorware provides. I had the wifi antenna painted to match, not sure if this effects my reception since I never used it prior to getting it painted. The wifi works everywhere in my home, but not outside of the house. Due to the cost of the Colorware service, I have kept the touch in a Griffin clear plastic case all day, every day. So, no chips or scratches for me. Since this photo, I have upgraded to a BlackBerry Curve, which is currently at Colorware, being painted white. I highly recommend this service to anyone who likes to be different and appreciates good work.

My only suggestion would be to prepare to be without your device for a few weeks. My touch took a full month round trip, and my Curve has been gone for 2 weeks. And be 100% on the color scheme you go with. Once Colorware
    gets your device, they do not like to make any changes to your order.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

looks so sexy b.rich! I want one!

I was thinking about getting a new touch done with red bezel, black back, black home button (if they do that), and red antennae

but it'd probably cost me more than it'll cost the government to bail out wall street, so I think I'll pass

keep posting pictures though, I love them!

10. abz786 macrumors 6502

now where in canada can i get something like that done
    this is such a great way of making an iphone stick out and customizing it to how u would like it

let me know if anyone knows of a company like colorware that will do this if you live in canada

thx

11. b.rich macrumors newbie

Actually, that configuration would only cost about $125 to do, not bad. If you don't want to deal with fingerprints, Colorware is a great way to go!

On a side note, I should mention that the Pearl in the pics above had a decal on it from decalgirl.com. I was very happy with this $6 sticker! It lasted for the entire 8 months that I had the phone. So, for anyone looking for a less expensive to Colorware, check out decalgirl.com, they do ipod's too!

12. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, it's really only $125??

I could just downgrade to an 8gb for my next touch and it'd still be $45 what I payed for my current one!

¡¡awesome awesome!!

could someone post a pic of what that combo would look like? I'm on my touch atm and I can't bring it up from the Colorware website

keep posting, these pics look amazing!

13. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Have you ever thought of doing a search and pulling the pics up yourself?

14. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

ONLY $125 for painting your phone? Sounds like an unnecessary ripoff to me.

15. b.rich macrumors newbie

The only problem with your opinion is that we live in a Democracy. We are allowed to make our own decisions, right or wrong. While it is expensive, we could all just go for the "free" phones, but we don't.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got my Curve back today, enjoy!

16. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I love the little HAND but the Colorware LOGO is keeping me away...

17. b.rich macrumors newbie

Trust me, spend $140 on a customer paint job, and you will want everyone to know who painted it. The logos look great in person. As a bonus, you get rid of the carrier logo.

18. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure that if you'd be willing to pay for the color job then they'd be willing to take their logo off if you ask.

19. Pared macrumors 65816

No paint chipping?

Seems like the paint is chipped of on the iPod near the headphone and dock connector.

For $100+ the thing better not chip. That's exactly why I would never pull the trigger on this.

20. b.rich macrumors newbie

For some reason, they can't make the paint idiot proof. A co worker knocked my ipod off of a counter and it fell to the floor. It was in the clear Griffin case at the time. The case split in two and the ipod lost a chip of paint. Oh well.

21. Pared macrumors 65816

I'd be pretty pissed at that co-worker if that happened to me!

22. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

23. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

What an absolutely asinine reply. Why would you possibly justify paying $140 to color your phone by mentioning what type government we live under? For some reason paying $140 to change the color of your phone gives you more utility than other things you could buy for $140. Why, that's beyond me- but jesus, don't go on a rant about government. You paid $140 because it was worth it for you. End of story.