Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I bought a 3-pk of glass screen protectors for my XR from Amazon, but I feel like they are too narrow. They don’t even go all the way to where the screen starts to curve.

Anyone find one that has really good coverage of the screen?

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
Sounds like you got the 2D case friendly screen protectors.. Try something like these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GR6K5RQ/ref=psdcmw_2407781011_t1_B07GQXWHWF

I got these. I like them a lot, they give full coverage and cover the notch, so it's not noticeable that a screen protector is on it.

The only flaws with it:
-Right along the edges of the actual screen, near the bezels, it doesn't stick down hard enough, so you see little air pockets going around the edge. Every time I just to press it down, they just come right back. I really wish there was a way to fix it.
-Dust/lint is easily attracted to the edge of the screen protector, and the opening where the ear speaker is.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Thanks! I actually just ordered something that looks very similar, but had much better reviews, so we shall see!

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I bought icarez and had an issue with the first one I put on. Massive air bubbles. Immediately took it off and tried the second. Not as bad but still had issues.

Then bought Tethys 3 pk and when installing had 3 relatively small bubbles but they all went away by day 3.

I will say I sent icarez an email with pics and their customer service was great as they sent me replacements ASAP. I will use them as needed.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
My wife has Tethys 3 pack for her XS and it looks fine to me. Didn't see air bubbles or dust. It feels pretty thin. I don't notice the edges lifting up or anything.

I did accidentally knock her phone down around Thanksgiving and it landed face first in some lightning connectors. The glass cracked but actual phone screen was fine. *whew*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.