Anyone have a Lexus GX or LX SUV?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ctt1wbw, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Okay, so I do roadside assistance full time. Been doing it almost a year and can unlock almost any car in less than 15 seconds and can change a tire in about 5 minutes, including things like Expeditions and Suburbans. 5 minutes flat.

I've tried twice to change the tire on a Lexus GX and LX SUV. Twice. I must be the stupidest muther ****er in the world or something. How in THE world do you get the spare out out from the under the SUV?

And please don't say just use the crankdown rod or whatever, I already know about those. But these two SUVs simply have a hidden one or something. I had to call someone else.

Who knows how to crank down the spare on these things?

2. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Are we talking the current versions? I swapped a tire on the previous-generation LX (LX470) and didn't have any trouble.

My suggestion if you haven't already is to find the PDFs of the owners manuals...I believe they go through the process there.

3. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I've got a '97 LX450. It's tricky at first, but as soon as you do it once, it's easy. On the back bumper, there is a slot for the crank rod. Insert it there. It's just above where the bumper meets the truck body. The rod's got a hook on it that will fit in the loosening mechanism. Get it hooked and then start-a-crankin'. Let me know if you need more direction, but that's pretty much it.

Also, ih8mud.com is the source for this type of vehicle.