Anyone have a Perfect 13" RMBP ???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by intz2nu, Nov 14, 2012.

1. intz2nu, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Anyone here have a perfect 13" RMBP without any kind of screen problems what so ever since the time of purchase? I really really want 13" RMBP but the horror stories has me thinking hard on it if I am to wait a little while Apple looks to thinning out the stock of bad displays or figures out something to do with all the problems people are having.

Oh yeah and if you do have a perfect one without problems please post how long you've had it so far since purchase, and how long you folks are using it daily. Hours, etc etc.

2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Perfect? No such thing... an invented word.

The notebook works fine, nothing that I can complain about. Have had it for a couple of weeks now. Except for while at work, I use it all the time ( 5-6 hours a day during week days and almost the entire day in weekends ).

3. 0x000000 macrumors 6502

There's horror stories? I've been using mine for something like two weeks now, it's in use 14+ hours a day with a current uptime of 7 days. Seems perfect to me. Couldn't notice IR either, was only testing it once, though. The dock etc. don't burn in, so I guess my display is fine.

Not sure what kind of knowledge you want to get out of this...

4. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Well with all the talk about the retina's having display problems I figured maybe some folks who has had a 13" retina model could chime in here and share their experience if they've had a flawless 13" model since purchase without any issues from the ones always heard about regarding the displays.

5. Ccrew macrumors 68020

My 13" screen was flawless. My wi-fi not so much, and mine seems to have taken up residence at Apple and I'm pressing them for a refund. At the moment they've had it more than I have.

6. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

How long did you have it and were you using it when you did have it before Apple got hold of it? Oh and when did you purchase it.

7. 0x000000 macrumors 6502

I actually heard only a hand full of people (at most) mentioning IR problems with their 13" rMBPs and that was only a few days after the device was announced. For the past two weeks it's been rather quiet, so I wouldn't even be sure that anyone of those was actually trustworthy. In any case it's (up until now) nothing like all those IR problems surrounding the 15", but a factor may be that people can't find out who made their panel anymore. That might help, psychologically, which in this case probably means a lot... Oh well, time will tell.

8. FACTON95 macrumors newbie

no problems at all

I bought the 256 version on Halloween. No issues or concerns here at all. I don't have any of the issues so many people are crying about on this forum. It doesn't stutter when scrolling or working in applications or have image retention.

9. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I bought it October 30th, and Apple's now had it since the 6th.

Wifi went from dog slow to dead, and they seem to be at a loss as to how to make it good. I make my living on a computer, so after the first attempt at fix I told them it was still in it's return period, I want a refund.

Now they seem not to know how to handle a return on a computer that's still in depot for repairs. I have a Late 2011 cMBP 15", I'm just going back to that - not worth the hassle.

I loved the machine, screen is incredible, but Apple's not ready for prime time in dealing with repairs on new products. They seem to be able to get them out the door but not fix them if there's an issue - repairs lag sales obviously.

10. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

The Retina display is not the end all. If you are so worried about a bad screen, just buy a non retina model.

Life is to short to be worrying about something so insignificant!

11. Juuls macrumors newbie

Its a great machine

I understand your concerns. Before i bought the rmbp 13 inch I was concerned about the display as well, hoping it was a Samsung. I got mine and the form factor is amazing. With the 13 inch i am not able to check the screen so after some hesitation i did an image retention test the second day i got it (sometimes being ignorant is a bliss ;).

Result? After the given period (+10min checkerboard) on a dark grey screen i had some image retention which disappeared rapidly. I freaked out and then thought, ow and what do i notice in daily life?

I have been carefully following my screen the following days (ready to return it if i would see anything) and saw absolutely nothing. Except for a beautiful crisp, responsive screen, with no retention issues. It is really fast, not laggy and frankly the best laptop i have ever owned.

Take the jump if you need the rmbp. You can always return it if yours turn out to be a bad case. Mine surely is not. If the retina would get "worse" over several months (what some believe to think) you can always get it repaired. But don't worry to much about all the negative talk, people tend to like to complain and say it loudly, whereas the others are enjoying their beautiful screens.

Good luck with your decision

12. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

13" rMBP here. No signs of IR but haven't been running creepy tests trying to find it. Very little lag if any (only The Verge...nothing else I've seen).

Buy it. You'll love it.

13. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I just picked mine up today from Best Buy and it came straight off the truck and mine seems perfect. Its got an incredible picture and damn will it perform!! Very happy.

14. nostylez macrumors member

No issues with mine I've had it for a couple weeks. Stressed the machine quite a lot.

15. iScreamSanWitch, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012

iScreamSanWitch macrumors member

Had it for almost 2 weeks now. I'm in love with it. The form factor, screen and speed of it is just amazing and exactly what I wanted (worth every dollar!). Like you I was a bit down after all the negativity, but tbh it is blown way out of proportion, especially on this forum. The complaining is just mind boggling..

No IR on my machine, but it goes to sleep after 5 mins to avoid the bat draining. I use it around 4-5 hrs every day..

If like me you're looking at a powerful machine in the 13 inch form factor (can't stand the 15 inch as it's too big) and want the best screen to go with it don't think about it and just go for it.. only now do I know that I would've regretted getting the air or the cMBP.. (looked into Windows alternatives as well but couldn't find anything which fit the bill)..

Oh and in regards to the lag.. I noticed that Chrome is not a retina friendly browser.. I was surprised how much better safari is in ML over chrome and previous versions. This goes for features/functions as well as speed. You can notice lag in Chrome, while Safari runs butter smooth..

16. onlineaddy macrumors member

Ah, I gotta checkout Safari on the Retina then. I've been used to Chrome because it's been better than Safari for me in the past. But, if Safari has improved since ML, I'd be willing to give it another try.