Anyone have a Powerbook Titanium? I need help

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by oskiew, Mar 15, 2008.

1. oskiew macrumors newbie

I am thinking of buying a Powerbook Titanium with 1Ghz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, with Leopard installed.
    I was wondering how this system will perform. Does anyone have a very similar setup, or any info?
    I amwondering how fast it will startup, the overall speed of opening windows and Apps...web browsing...anything you think could help.

Thanks a lot!

2. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

My sister has a g4 1ghz titanium with 512MB ram and 60GB HD and it runs tiger fairly quickly. As far as leopard goes, I'm not sure how fast it would perform with 512mb of ram and that processor, but with 1 GB it would probably run reasonably smoothlikish.

3. GeneKam macrumors regular

i think it is about time people start moving from power books and ibooks to the new generation of macbooks and mac books pro. But other wise, leopard is quite a system which preferably requires two cores, one for the work, other for the graphic generation in order to run everything smoothly. But you can give it a try, but really it is quite the same as trying to run vista on a machine that is desgined for xp, as xp is simmilar to tiger, as it is not so graphical and stuff. So i would rather think that it wont preform well, just see the minimum requirements and if it will meat it then it just might work ok.

4. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

As long as you don't put too many random programs on it, it'll run beautifully! :)

5. TK B$K macrumors 6502

That would actually be a very nice sytem and i bet your getting it for a steal of a price!

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I am currently using a Titanium 1ghz with 1GB of RAM as Bittorrent computer and it runs Leopard fine. Just don't expect too much snappiness. Not to say it runs slowly, but its much slower than even the most basic Intel Mac.

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

7. oskiew thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it for $350. I thought it was a pretty good deal

thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess if Leopard is too slow I can always just switch back to Tiger.

8. GeneKam macrumors regular

well then for 350 i dont think there is anything to complain abut :p, give it a shot, if anything just use it with tiger for basic operations :p

9. dtklamf macrumors regular