Anyone have a short (1 foot or less) Lightning cable they like?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheIntruder, Mar 27, 2016.

1. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I'm looking for a short Lighting cable as a kind of patch cord for my desk, and when charging via battery pack.

The original Apple iPhone 5 cable I've been using is fine, but I'm tired of dealing with the extra length.

Amazon makes a 4" cable, which seems too extreme. There are some 6" cables, but I think they may still be too limiting. 12" would seem about right.

I am not considering one of those flexible, but semi-rigid extenders; I want a truly flexible cable.

Given the shorter length, strain resistance at the ends is an even bigger factor.

Anker is the safe choice, but I always try to look at the whole field.

2. maliu macrumors 6502a

I have ixcc cables from Amazon. They make a 12" cable. The ones I have I really like. If it matters, they fit cases like Lifeproof. Except for 6' and longer.

3. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I have several 6" MFi cables from Monoprice. They work great and I carry them in my "go" bag for trips. They pair nicely with my iOS devices and my Anker multi port charger as well as the portable battery pack from Anker. They are well made and very flexible. Highly recommended.

4. tuc macrumors 6502

I have some 30cm (1 foot) lightning cables from Anker and some 10cm (4 inch) lightning cables from Amazon Basics. (Some people say that the design of Amazon Basics lightning cables has changed. I don't know if that's true, but mine were ordered in September, 2015.)

Both kinds have been working fine. But do note that the 10cm cable is pretty darn short. It's fine for charging a phone but, given the way I'm set up to charge my devices, it's too short to charge an iPad Mini.

5. TheIntruder thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

Thanks all.

Anker it is, but I'll probably have to opt for the regular version with the smaller connector head to fit my case.

Decision made even easier by the discount rewards in my account. Yee haw.

6. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I have a retractable cable in my car from Amazon Basics that I've used for a year or two and has been great.

7. BLK1024 macrumors newbie

BLK1024

iXCC makes 1ft and 4inch. I have many of their MFi cables. They work great!

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like the fist reply in the thread has already covered that brand more than half a year ago.